Alexa Anne was born at around 6:00 p.m. this evening. After a bit of a scare of not being able to find her heartbeat, some oxygen and a page to my doctor to arrive ASAP, and about 6 or 7 pushes...she was born. She weighs 6 pounds even and is 20.5 inches long. She is so pettite and looks just like Chris and Landon. Go figure...here again, I am the one that labors and carries the babies and Chris gets all the credit. I'm sure she will change a bit in her looks as she has already changed since she was born. I feel great and empowered as I had to do everything I could to get her out quick because her heartrate dropped down to the 40's. VERY scary but thank God I had Mom and Chris in the roomt to get me through. They were great coaches. Enjoy the pictures. I'm going to get off here while Alexa is taking her bath and we soon will go to bed. Thanks for check'n in. We'll update again tomorrow. Oh and how could I possibly forget...Big Brother Landon!!!! How precious it was t...
okay. so i know i have been posting back to back lately, but it's for those of you who have yet to meet Alexa or that live quite a distance from us. We love you and miss you all. We are having a great time with our kiddos and have had a blast watching them love each other already...well Landon anyway. I got some more bows in the mail thanks to Ashley Sommer here in Fort Wayne. She sent me some bows that fit Alexa a bit better. So sweet of her. If any of you with little girls are interested, here is her website: www.simplybowliciousbowtique.blogspot.com Also, today my dear friend Emily came to visit and met Alexa. She brought me a very special gift. She got a new sewing machine for Christmas and made Alexa a quilt. It is absolutely beautiful and it's something that is very special to me. I love it! Here are a few pictures of Alexa with a new bow, some of Alexa on her new blanket. A picture of Alexa in her swing with Landon's glow worm baby that he said she "needed"...
A few things I've learned... Being a Mom is one of the toughest jobs I've ever had. Even over the nasty job of cleaning the dorm room bathrooms in college, directing a summer camp for about 75 kids, and even working for an after school program with some pretty challenging kids! Though difficult at times, no reward is greater than that of being a Mom. I've also learned through being a Mom, that just when you think a routine is down pat, your child will decide that it's time for change when you least expect it. You might even think about the next few steps your going to take as a parent and as a family as a whole. The biggest thing I've learned about being a Mom is that I am not always in control and that in itself takes some adjusting. Chris and I have also recently learned something surprising that we are excited about... We....... Are......... Pregnant! One of life's many routine changes that is teaching us so much. Yes, we thought ...
Comments