Little Red Wagon

Little Red Wagon, bright and sleek,
Racing down my sidewalk street,
A little horn that goes beep-beep,
Driving my Red Wagon

I drive my cart around a curve,
I see a bump and try to swerve,
I go too fast and lose my nerve,
Driving my Red Wagon

When I am big I'll drive a car,
I'll go real fast and drive it far,
But until then I'll ride my cart,
Driving my Red Wagon.

By: David Ronald Bruce Pekrul

One of my most favorite memories growing up was playing in my mom's childhood Radio Flyer. Rusty, metal and a squeeky sound that only that wagon could make; I wouldn't have had it any other way. For then, I might not remember it and it's personality. Last summer, my mom bought Landon his very first Radio Flyer Wagon. Bright red, four black wheels with a red center and a black handle for steering. Two seats that fold down with seat belts and cup holders...my how it's changed in it's physical appearance but somehow still holds it's magic. Landon's eyes light up when he turns the corner in the garage and spots his wagon or his "car" as he calls it. He pulls it around the yard and finds things to put in it and pulls it to another location to put something else in it. It's so fun to watch those wheels turning in his head trying to figure out what to do next. He is a thinker and takes his time to figure out just what he wants to do. I know that something as simple as a wagon, is going to be a favorite toy that he can play with for many years to come. I love to watch him and imagine what who he will be when he gets older. After watching him already this spring, I know that the wagon will be there. We have had a blast riding down the driveway together taking turns between me and chris...we laugh all the way down the driveway. Enjoy the pictures. :)

Comments

David Pekrul said…
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with wonderful memories of a Radio Flyer. It could be a train, a rocket, a race-car or whatever the imagination made of it.
Thanks for using my little poem in your blog. You have a very nice looking family-oriented website.

All the best,
David Ronald Bruce Pekrul
www.myhiddenvoice.com

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!