Happy 2nd Birthday Landon!

I have become a perfectionist at counting to three and run circles around our kitchen to get the glue back that was taken from our junk drawer. I have used three or four towels to wipe up ALL the water that somehow escaped the bathtub during bathtime. I have answered "doing?" more times than I could possibly count and responded to "huh?" probably more. I have cried from exhaustion after bedtime didn't go so well and laughed because my son somehow found my red lipstick and decided it looked better on him. But would I change any of this? Not for a minute. Today is Landon's second birthday and as I sit and reflect on how much he has changed in the past two years, I am amazed. Have two years really gone by that quickly? Is he really not a baby anymore? What a little man we have and how proud of him we are. He is such a sponge right now and says EVERYTHING he hears. He has to do everything all on his own regardless if it takes 20 minutes to do it. He has his daddy's looks and my personality. He has Chris' sense of humor and is stubborn from me. He is a sweetheart and a buddy and we are oh so in love with him and woudn't change a thing about him. Thank you to everyone that has helped in loving Landon and supported us in times when we felt as though we could be better parents. Landon is a pretty neat kid and I know we are better people because he is in our lives, but then again, we are his parents. Today, I was reminded of my Papaw. He was someone that could talk to anyone, anywhere and had a joke for everything. But he had a special place in his heart for kids, especially his grandkids. Today, we went to get the oil changed in Chris' car. As we were checking out, there was this older man paying for his service and kept checking Landon out as he circled the cashier's desk. He looked at Chris and said, "nice look'n boy you got there". Chris smiled and said, "thank you. Today is his second birthday." The man came over, got down at eye level with Landon and said "happy birthday lil' buddy". As those nice words came out of his mouth,a one dollar bill came out of his pocket. "You got a piggy bank at home? Here put this in there. It's for your birthday". Landon got a huge smile on his face and looked up at me and I said, "what do you say Landon?" "Thank you", he said. I told the man that, that was very nice of him and told him we would take it straight home and put it in his piggy bank. I asked Landon if he could give the man a high-five and he did and then I said, "Landon, can you say 'Thank you very much?'". "Thank you much", he said. Such a nice old man with a kind heart. My papaw never had the chance to meet Landon, but I was reminded today that he is watching over him. We celebrated Landon's birthday on Friday of this past weekend. I had planned it for months. The bummer of it all...Landon was miserable. For some reason, when Chris brought over to the party he said that Landon was asking to take a nap. I knew something wasn't right. What toddler asks to take a nap? Not too many. From then on, Landon seemed to feel warmer and warmer to me like he had a fever. He was passed around from grandparent to parent and just layed his head on our shoulders and just didn't look good. Guests arrived and Landon didn't want to eat or even stand up, his legs were so weak. Chris went and go some motrin to see if that made a difference. We moved the party along because I didn't know how long he would make it. He sat on my lap to open presents but didn't even want to look at them. He faced me and layed his head on my shoulder and was just shaking. Then out of no where about ten or fifteen minutes later, he started to walk around, then he wanted a balloon, he took a couple bites of a cupcake and before you knew it, he was running around and screaming with the other kids. He has been getting his three year molars for a couple weeks now, so I don't know if maybe one finally broke through or if it was a combination of being overwhelmed with all the people and he had a fever...I have no idea. He had a small fever the next day and then had been fine ever since. We even made it to sweet Isabelle's first birthday party on Saturday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABELLE!!!! We had a great time and what a ham she is. As for Landon, he is enjoying his birthday goodies that we finally unpacked out of the car from this weekend. For his actual birthday today, we went to cracker barrel to get a pancake, his favorite breakfast meal. And as a special treat, he had chocolate milk with his breakfast and he picked out a small car from the gift shop there. Okay. I think that this might be the world's longest blog so I will stop now. I have a few pictures that we had taken for his second birthday, but couldn't post all of them because the scanner isn't working. And, I am embarrassed to say that I have only two pictures from his party and they really aren't that great. Landon just didn't feel well at all. I will post some new ones very soon. Love to you all! Next on the list, Thanksgiving and my dad, step-mom and sisters are coming into town this weekend and we are SO excited! Hope everyone has a great week.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!