Stats

Just wanted to make a quick post. Landon had his 24 month check-up yesterday and boy is he getting smart. When we walked into our room that the doctor was going to meet us in, Landon said, "hurt?". I told him he wasn't going to get hurt today. The strange thing is, we hadn't been to the doctor since his 18 month check-up and I don't think he even got any shots. Well, I felt pretty bad after telling him that he wasn't going to get "hurt" because I forgot it was that time of year for his flu shot. I just avoided it. So, Landon's stats... He is weighing in at 31 1/2 pounds and is 36 1/2 inches tall. He gained about 6 pounds since his last check-up and grew 3 inches. This puts him in the 90th percentile for height and 85th percentile for weight. I was shocked to see that he was in the 85th percentile for weight because he seems so thin to me. I suppose it's because he is so tall. The doctor seemed pleased with everything and said he checked out very well and she was impressed with is vocabulary and milestones at this point. After she checked him out, the "hurt" was quickly approaching. I just didn't say anything until the nurse came back in with the needle. I said, "okay Landon, you are going to get a little medicine in your leg and your going to get a cool bandaid and then we will go home." He looked at me and I layed him on the table and held his hand and then I saw big eyes. After big eyes came the lip, a yelp, some tears and then, "mommy, hurt!". As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I stood him up and with tears in his eyes and not knowing whether to cry or laugh, Landon let our a little laugh and said, "hurt!". We all laughed, and checked out his bandaid and that was that. He was tough and I think in a way he realized the anticipation was worse than the pain. But then again, don't we all do that? Alright. That's it for now. I am posting just a couple pictures for fun. I know some of you have seen them, but I haven't posted them on here yet and they are pretty good. One will really make you laugh! Enjoy the rest of your week.


Comments

Jessi and Eric said…
WELTY!!!!!! I have been wondering about you for so long!!! It is nice to see you so happy and married with a beautiful little boy! If you want to visit my blog, please do...thedirksenslollipopguild.blogspot.com,
I would LOVE to hear from you!!!!
Jessi Whitis...now Dirksen

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!