numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

So...34 is how many weeks pregnant I am and I am excited because that means we only have six more weeks until we meet our sweet litte...you thought I was going to say her name...yeah right. We do have a name, but we have to keep it a secret. It's only right seeing that we did the same thing when we had Landon. I had my 34 week check-up on Tuesday and FINALLY saw my doctor for the second time since I found out I was pregnant. I have been meeting with the nurse practitioner/midwife which I am fine with. I am just ready to start seeing my doctor from here on out because, she is the one delivering the baby and I want to gain some confidence with her again. Everything checked out great and things look good this far and I suppose that's what's most important. Anywho...there is this lady that drives me crazy that checks me in, gets my weight, blood pressure...etc. She just says the wrong things at the wrong time. This time was no different. Chris always knows I will come home with a story of some kind. Being 34 weeks along, I am getting to that point when I feel I will never have this baby, I am ready to see her, six weeks seems like forever, I'm not sleeping, I have major heartburn all the time, on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for the world. This nurse however, really knows how to make you feel better. She asks me how I am feeling and I just tell her that I am really uncomfortable, I'm not sleeping well, and I am just ready to have the baby. She tells me, "you still have quite a ways to go". Gee, thanks lady. Here I am thinking positive and trying to keep my spirits high in knowing that really six weeks isn't THAT long away. It will be here before you know it. I didn't get a "hang in there...not too much longer...you can do it". I get, "you still have quite a ways to go." Anywho...that's my vent and I am done. The best part of the check up was that Landon and Chris got to come and it was precious watching Landon listening to the heartbeat or "heartbeep" as he says. He is going to be a great big-brother. Speaking of Landon, this brings me to "2 going on 12". For some reason lately, Landon has been quite the teenager with his vocab and I am SO not ready for that; he is only 2 after all. Lately, I have been "mom" instead of "mommy". We are also hearing, "yeah" "uh-huh", "nope", "yep", "right now!", and "stop it mom". Where did my 2 year old go? He just turned 2. I have been correcting him here and there. When he calls me "mom", I jokingly tell him that I am not ready for him to call me mom and that he needs to say mommy. He'll switch back to calling me mommy for a few minutes and then it's mom again. Just kind of funny and I wanted to share. Hope this finds you enjoying your week.

Comments

Aww ... you are too cute. Keep it up with the positive thinking ... remember it's only 6 more weeks with just Landon and I can tell from your posts that enjoying your last weeks with just him really is important to you ... and ... I look to you for those positive thoughts to keep my spirits up during my pregnancy! Take care of yourself and you will be in our prayers for a swift final 6 weeks!
You look wonderful and beautiful!!!!! Hang in there :)
The Gonsers said…
wow...six weeks. that is just crazy. your little gem has no idea how lucky she is to be apart of a family like yours. by the way i am elated that the Mobleys are moving back to bloomington. we are so ready for you!!!!
Dustin & Emily said…
What a pretty pregnant momma! You're almost there and like you said...it's SO worth it in the end when you get to hold your little lady for the first time! I'll be thinking about you!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

One more makes a family of four!