Big, Big Boy!

So, I think Landon grew up over this past week and I've missed out on something. He has been a bit challenging in some ways, but in the past couple of days, I don't know what happened. My friend Emily and I went to the Children's Museum on Thursday and Landon had a great time. I on the other hand, lost Landon for a brief five minutes or so in the house of mirrors which exits to the many ramps of the museum. Not to mention it was field trip day and there were SO many kids there. I did, however, find him in a tree house. Go figure. I got a few pictures, but not too many as I was trying my best to keep Alexa happy and not lose Landon in the crowd of what seemed like 15 other women calling "Landon". Maybe next time will go a bit better.






We signed Landon up for Preschool on Friday and he starts on Tuesday of this coming week. I am really looking forward to him growing and learning with kids his own age. It's something that we have wanted for a while and are able to give him now and I'm excited to see how he grows. I'm a bit nervous about dropping him off because I don't think he will do well. Maybe he will prove me wrong:)


Today, Landon had his first soccer group that we signed him up for. Let me tell you, it was the funniest, cutest thing I had ever seen. There were between 10 and 15 kids his age. They play games and kick soccer balls, do drills like "red light, green light", they sang some songs, "itsie bitsie spider" and the alphabet. And Landon's favorite was the parachute. The best part was watching Chris chase Landon across this HUGE indoor soccer field while explaining to him that he needed to listen to the coach and her instructions and to NOT cross "the red line" into another classes space. I even got emotional watching Chris and Landon have time together as well as realize that my son is old enough to be doing the things he is doing already in his young life. He is so funny and loves life so much. Seeing him happy and having a good time makes me so happy and proud.








As for Alexa, she is doing really well. She is back to getting up only once a night and is staying awake more during the day now. She will be 5 weeks on Wednesday and I can't believe that. I did get a picture of her taking a nap in her actual crib in her room. We are loving every minute of her in our lives and don't remember life before her. Enjoy the pictures. I'll post more this week.






A couple stories:
I was in the bathroom drying my hair one morning this week. A side note: The carpet where we are living is fairly new and there are still stray pieces on the ground that somehow have missed the vaccuum. While drying my hair, Landon comes into the bathroom with his chin in the air so that I can see into his nose. He kept saying something that I couln't figure out and I kept asking him to repeat it. Finally, I look in his nose and see what seems to be a very large booger (sorry). I say, "oh Landon, let's get a kleenex." He says, "no". and then I finally hear a bit more clearly what he was trying to tell me. "mommy, carpet in my nose". I look a little closer and yes, my son had stuck one of those stray pieces of carpet in his nose. Now where did I put those tweezers? His nose is now carpet free.

Another story:
Landon, on his own this week, has gone #2 on the potty twice. We are working on it and are very excited to know that his new school will be working on it with him as well. :)

Comments

Kelly Kruse said…
Soccer, pre-school and house of mirrors? Oh my!! Look how busy you are and how big Landon is. You all seem to be really thriving in the new spot and I'm glad. I'm glad for you too that it sounds like Alexa is letting you rest at night.

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!