Friday, Landon and I went to the Eagle Creek Airport that mostly private planes fly out of. We sat in the parking lot for about 45 minutes. When we had first arrived, a helicopter had just landed. We also watched some other private plans take off. After bit, Landon just wanted to watch the helicopter. Nothing real exciting was happening other than it was getting fueled up. After a bit, the pilot of the helicopter came over to the fence just in front of where we were parked. I noticed he was trying to get my attention. I got out of the car and he asked if Landon wanted to go check out his helicopter. Of course! He unlocked the gate and let us in the "Authorized persons only" sign...pretty special! Landon was really shy and wanted me to hold him and I did. The pilot was so kind and so nice. He opened all the doors and showed us everything. It was a life-line helicopter from one of the local hospitals getting refuled from a busy day. They just so happen to get their fuel at the Eagle Creek Airport. It was our lucky day. Landon was invited into the pilots seat, but wasn't too sure, so he turned it down. I didn't have my camera with me, so the pilot asked if he could take some pictures for us and he would email them to me. He did just that. In his email with the pictures, he even invited us to come back if Landon were to warm up to the idea of checking the helicopter out a bit more, we just needed to let him know. So very nice! Landon smiled all the way home, even though the pictures don't show that he enjoyed himself. Saturday, Landon had soccer and I got some pictures. He had a great time. Oh and this past week, Landon started preschool. Tuesday was hard for Landon. He didn't want me to leave and he cried pretty hard. I called about an hour after I dropped him off and his teacher told me that he was in the process of dancing. I knew then that he was fine if he was doing one of his most favorite things to do...dance. Wednesday was a bit harder because all the way to school, Landon kept saying, "mommy stay with me?" I told him that I was going to leave him at school, but that I would be back after lunch. "No. Mommy stay with me!". He cried all the way down the hallway. Worst feeling in the world. I had such guilt. Now, on Thursday, he did ask me again if I was going to leave him, but he didn't get upset. He walked all the way down the hallway and into the classroom. He started to get a sad lip and asked me to stay and I just told him that he was fine and that he would have a great time and I would see him after lunch. He stopped crying and started playing. I am so proud of him and he has transitioned very well. He is really enjoying it and I LOVE him coming home with artwork:) As for Ms. Alexa...let's just say much has changed since my last post. She is NOT only getting up once at night, but several times rather. She seems to have a very sensitive stomach...like me. I feel so bad for her and I'm not really sure what to do about it other than try and figure out what it is I'm eating that isn't agreeing with her. What a pain! She is growing so much and so fast. Last night at dinner, we got to see a couple smiles from her. She's is such a sweetheart. She is getting her pictures done tomorrow so I will post them when I get a chance. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.









Comments

Jen - you may want to try cutting dairy out of your diet. I had to do that with Isaiah and it helped tremendously! I hope it gets better soon! Give it time, though, because it takes dairy two weeks to get out of your system. Email me if you have ANY questions!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!