Chris' Cake:)





So, the kids are sick and it's been fun running between the two. I haven't had a chance to post these pictures, but they are kind of fun. No, you saw right. Chris' cake is indeed pink. Chris' isn't the biggest fan of chocolate but I didn't want to do vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. That's boring! So, we had white cake with cherry frosting. Then I thought if I had used red frosting, it might look like a valentines day cake and blue, green or black just wouldn't work either. We went with white. So, instead of it looking like a valentines day cake, it was more of a baby shower cake. Oh well. It was the thought that counted and Chris loved it. But more than that, Landon thought it was the best thing to show daddy his birthday cake when he got home from work on Monday. He was jumping up and down with pride because he helped. Landon even helped blow out the candles. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner before we had cake and we couldn't think of any other place to go. You probably are wondering a very important question. Did we sit in Willie's Corner? No! But all the way there, Landon was asking if our special friend was there or if he was going to get him. We laughed and told him no and that Willie Nelson was on vacation in Texas. I thought for a second that he might not even want to go into the place, but we did fine and we didn't talk about it anymore. After dinner, Landon didn't want to go home because he thought we were going to "daddy's birthday". I think he thought that there was going to be a party. (sorry Chris for no party) I told him that Daddy's birthday party was going to be just the four of us,at our house, with Daddy's pink cake. I think as long as he was included on the cake part, he could've cared less.
That was our evening and Chris did wear his new "soccer shirt...basketball shirt....golf ball shirt" to work Monday.
One quick funny story: Landon was feeling aweful yesterday and he wanted me to be sitting by him at all times. I found this hard because Alexa wasn't feeling good either and I was trying my best the keep their distance from each other. I heard,"mommy, sit with me" about 100 times...which I don't mind because I think it's sweet that he "needs" me. Got a little teary eyed a few times because his little voice was so sad. At one point he said, "mommy? come sit with me babe. come sit with me babe." Too cute.
That's all for now:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!