happy birthday

Happy Birthday Chris! Today, Chris turned 28...just means I am that much closer:) We love you very much Chris and we are so proud that you are in our lives. Thank you for all you do for our family and the love that you give to each of us.
Last night, Landon and I went out to get something for Chris for his birthday. Landon and I just didn't quite know what to get Chris. We saw some pajama bottoms that he might like. Note 1: might not be a good idea to let a two-year-old pick out pajama bottoms. The first pair he points to are overwhelmed with the "guitar hero" logo all over them. I told Landon that I just didn't think that daddy would where them. He then pointed to some with "bud light" all over them. Okay, time to move onto something else. We move on to some I.U. shirts. Chris is going golfing next weekend and I found a great I.U. golf shirt and another I.U. t-shirt. (remember that for later in the blog). Note 2: keep a watchful eye on a two-year-old trying to "help" in the shopping process. I turned my back to grab the I.U. shirts and then back to put them in the cart and Landon has taken about 8 other shirts off the racks and placed them in the cart telling me that they are "daddy's favorite". "Oh, they're daddy's favorite huh?" I laughed and put them all back. We made our purchase and headed home. Note 3: don't tell a two-year-old not to tell someone something because they will. We walk in the house and..."Daddy. Landon got you a soccer shirt...a basketball shirt...a golf ball shirt for your birfday". Chris laughed and said, "I don't think you're supposed to tell me that buddy." We ended up giving Chris his shirts at dinner because, well he knew he was getting them. Today I had planned on having a cake made when Chris got home from work...which I still plan on. I had Landon call Chris this morning to tell him "happy birthday" and the first thing Landon told Chris was that we were going to make him a birthday cake. Chris laughed and said, "alright buddy". Lesson learned, but he was so happy and excited to get Chris something and I know he will have a blast icing the cake.
We had a pretty good weekend. Easter egg hunts and no naps for Landon, but he had a great time. I got a couple pictures, one of each of the kids. We also had the honor of really getting to see Alexa smile, so I am posting some pictures of that. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. :)





Comments

Kelly Kruse said…
Yay. she'smiling, so pretty. I love reading your blogs and you do a good qouting of Chris. I can hear him saying those things to Landon. gosh I miss you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!