"I'm a big boy...I'm cute"

So we have a little man on our hands who is VERY aware of conversations that he is both involved in and others he is not. The other day, Landon and I ran into CVS to get some milk and as we are getting out of the car he says, "mommy, I'm a big boy." I answered with a "yes you ARE a big boy". "And I'm cute," he says. I laughed and said, "oh, you're cute huh?" and he of course agreed. I've been watching my niece this month and as they have been playing in the playroom. Landon has one of those little tykes cars. I will often hear him telling Isabelle, "I want a medium diet, Isabelle." I guess he is pretending to go through the drive though. The funny part, is Isabelle has no idea what a "medium diet" is, so Landon will say it louder and louder, "Isabelle, I NEED A MEDIUM DIET!!!" as though then she would understand. Landon has also, in a way, been tattling on himself, though he doesn't know that's what he's doing. We now have three carseats in the back seat of the car. This means that Landon is sitting right next to Alexa and in no way leaves her alone. He is constantly messing with her or touching her to the point that she now is letting him know that sometimes, she doesn't want to be touched or he is bothering her. Her way of telling him, is obviously crying. I will turn around and ask Landon what he did to her and he will answer, "nothing mom". Well, there have been several times where Alexa will be crying and he will, on his own say, "mom, I no do nothing to her." Yeah right! Tonight before dinner, he was playing with a toy golf club. He walks along the wall at the same time scratching it. He doesn't know that I know he scratched the wall, but goes on to tell me, "mom. I no scratch your wall." He would be better off to just not say anything, but hasn't learned that part yet. I'm sure in due time, he will. He finished up his soccer sessions this past weekend and I don't think the end could have come any sooner. He was getting bored and was ready to move on and do something else. Maybe swim lessons or something. He got a ribbon as his reward and was very proud!



On Friday, we went to the zoo with my friend Lawrie and the kids had a great time! Lawrie got the better pictures of the day, but I got a few. We went to McDonald's for lunch and there are a couple pictures of the kids enjoying their happy meals.










Alexa is doing well. Rolling over EVERY chance she gets. She gets so mad though when she gets on her tummy because she has yet to figure out how to roll the other way. She is in no way sleeping through the night, but I would say that it's getting better. She has her four month check up on the 18th of this month, so we shall see:)





There is one picture that might not explain itself. Chris was doing laundry late on Friday night and as he was walking out of the laundry room, he said he would be right back that he would empty the lent trap. I decided that I would try and fit into the dryer and scare him when he returned...It worked, both me fitting (barely) into the dryer and scaring Chris. I couldn't really see his face because my head was so bent, but I did see him jump. It made my night to know that I got him:) Enjoy the pictures. Oh, and we sold the house. It's bitter sweet, but hopefully will be rid of it and move on.

Comments

Jessi and Eric said…
only you would try to fit in the dryer! hilarious!
Kelly Kruse said…
You are too stinkin cute!!!! so glad to hear you sold the house!!! Yay!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!