most days, I wake up tired.
some days I don't get a shower until after my kids go to bed at night.
most days there are dishes in the sink or trash that could be taken out.
some days, the dog's water dish doesn't get filled.
most days my hair doesn't meet the brush.
most days, there's nothing a little lipgloss and mascara can't fix.
some days, I have no patience.......
some days I have guilt that i'm not handling his tantrums as I should.

everyday I know my kids know they are loved.
everyday I am thankful for both my precious kids.
everyday I breath for my kids and christopher.
everyday I wouldn't change anything about that day.

i've noticed lately, to some, my life seems like a life that wouldn't be wished upon. this is the life of a mother: fussy kids, temper tantrums, very loud singing from my two-year-old, a messy house, no naptime for mommy, lots of laundry. seeing that having kids changes everything, including the size of your clothes and possibly your style...who wouldn't chose comfort? non-stop craziness. there's just one thing, this is my life and i am so proud and honored to have all of these qualities a part of my life. i am not the same person i was before i had kids, and i would be concerned if i was. you have to change, you have to become selfless. so next time you look at my life, know that i love it and i wouldn't trade it with anyone else's life.

On a lighter note:
Alexa is five months old...already!!!! "slow down, you're mov'n too fast. you gotta make this moment last." Miss Alexa is so determined to be on the move. The funny part about that is, her body isn't. Her legs are ready to move, but her arms aren't. I will get it on video very soon. It's hilarious. She won't try sitting up, because she would rather be on her tummy rolling across the room and scooting on her tummy towards her toys. I am still waiting on her to laugh. She just holds her breath and smiles the biggest smile. She is so precious. One of my favorite things is to watch Alexa and Landon lay together on the floor. She will grab every part of his face and he just giggles and she smiles at him. It's a connection between the two kids that is so obvious. I have, several times, layed on the floor face-to-face with Alexa, but she doesn't act anywhere near the way she does when she's with Landon. Love them.
As for Landon...he still makes us laugh, everyday. We are working on the months of the year. This weekend, we went through them and Landon knows when we get to November, that his birthday is in November. We got to "September, October, November..." and Landon gets wiggly in his seat and repeats November and then says, "we'll have to go there sometime." I asked, "go where honey, November?" and he replies, "yeah, November, We'll have to go there sometime."
He got a new pair of shoes this weekend and he was going to my mom's for the night with Alexa, while I went to a wedding with Janelle. He REALLY wanted to wear his new shoes. I told him that he could wear them, but if they went outside to play on the playground, he would have to change his shoes. When we got to my mom's he told me, "I have to change my shoes to play outside." I told him that, that was right. We are walking to the front door and he steps in some dirt on the ground, plops on the ground and looks to see if there was dirt on the bottom of his shoe and then gets back up. He then asks me, "can I eat pizza in my new shoes?" I gave him permission and laughed. He is big into matching. For example, if I am wearing yellow and there is yellow on his shoes, he says, "look mommy, it matches." Again, I could go on and on. Here are a couple pictures. A couple weeks ago, Landon and Alexa went to my mom's while Chris and I went on a date. Landon helped "grandpa dusty" put some new mulch around the playground at Mamaw's house. And then you will see that yes, I did paint Alexa's toe nails. They are so sweet. She fell asleep in my lap the other day and I asked Chris to bring me my nail polish and he did and it was a success! I'm ready for all the girlie stuff, now if she would just grow some hair to put bows in. :)




Comments

Sara said…
I love what you wrote about being a mom and your life. I didn't realize how much your life changes with having a baby until I had Noah, but I wouldn't change it for the world, like you.

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!