swarm of ducks

so, we have recently discovered that Clarion West is THE best place to feed ducks! We went down to the pond once, while visiting June, and found there are SEVERAL ducks there ready and willing to indulge themselves with whatever it is that you might bring them. We remembered this and went on Monday to feed the ducks after I picked Landon up from school. I often have to sort of bribe Landon with something fun that we might do after I pick him up from school to steer away from any tantrum throwing as I drop him off at school. This was one of those days and I find it harmless treating him to something as simple as feeding the ducks. I told him that when I picked him up from school, I would have some hamburger buns ready for him to feed the ducks. He was thrilled! When we got to the hospital, I think it took Landon a second to remember the swarm of ducks that awaited us. When Madison was visiting with us, we fed them as well and we counted 44 ducks. This time, I think there were even more, which is something I didn't know was possible. I couldn't even get all of them on the camera, there were so many. They came right up to us as soon as our feet stepped on the grass and I sort of had to "shoo" them away in order to get a good spot in the shade and get the bread out. Landon was just giggling the whole time as the baby ducks kept nipping his shoes sort of in a way of telling him to "come on already" with the bread. I have a few pictures and a video and it's pretty cute! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!