There are many things that I have to remind, teach, or tell Landon daily to do. To eat what's left on his plate, to put his shoes back in his basket in his room, put his books back on the shelf, brush his teeth. To make sure when he's at school, to listen to his teacher and share with his friends. But there is something that comes so natural to Landon that is blows me away. The love and compassion he has for others at such a young age amazes me and is something that others notice often. His concern for others is something that has touched me and reminds me of what unconditional love is.

When we pray at night, we go through everyone in our family. We thank and pray for each one of them. Every now and then, out of no where, Landon will pray for someone that isn't in rehearsed list or that we don't see that often or that we haven't even talked about. I truly believe that he thinks of others in a deep way.

When Landon calls Mark on the phone, he would talk to "papaw" and maybe ask to talk to Grandma June. Lately when on the phone with papaw, he immediatley asks to talk to Grandma June or asks how she is feeling. When we visit with Grandma June, Landon knows that the first thing we do is wash our hands. Last time he went with Chris, and before he washed his hands, he quietly walked over to the couch to peek at Grandma June, almost to check on her and then walked quietly back to the kitchen and washed his hands.

When he senses that I am upset this is the conversation we have...
Landon: "mommy? are you sad?"
Me: "no, i'm not sad"
Landon: "are you frusterating?"
Me: "no, I'm not frustrated."
Landon: "are you mad?"
Me: "no, I'm not mad."
Landon: "are you upset?"
Me: "no, I'm not upset."
Landon: "let me see your eyes."
I show him my eyes
Landon: "are you happy?"
Me: "yes, I'm happy!"
Landon, "oh."

My most favorite thing from this past weekend was that we were able to watch movies together. I wasn't too sure how things would go because I didn't think Landon would be all that interested in the movies we picked. The movie that we all watched as a family was "Marley and Me". I had seen it, but Chris hadn't and I figured what could it hurt for Landon to watch it? Landon sat on Chris lap for an hour and forty minutes. Chris and I both were crying and sniffing. All of a sudden, Landon sits up and looks at me, whipping his cheek and says, "mommy, my eyes are leaking". Chris and I looked at each other and a few more tears rolled down our own cheeks. He was so into the movie that when the little boy in the movie started crying, quietly on his daddy's lap, so did Landon. We just love this little boy and are so amazed by him daily and learn from his compassion and the love he has in his heart for others. Thank you God for such a sweet (and sometimes challenging) little boy:)

Comments

Montgomery's said…
I loved reading this blog. He is such a sweet and sensitve boy. I know that it stinks that June is sick but God is using it in ways that you wouldn't have even have thought of. It is teaching landon compassion and tenderness at such an early age. Many people never grow to care for others like he already does. Not many people take the time to read others peoples emotions. This is a gift. You and Chris are creating and molding some remarkable children. All I can say is wow! What a blessing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

Happy Anniversary!

One more makes a family of four!