Colorado Visit

For the past few weeks, I have had a daily conversation with Landon on WHEN we were going to visit Grandpa Bill in Colorado. He knew the important things like, he was going to be able to bring his very own backpack, there were elevators to go up and down and possibly even a underground train. There were going to be lots of people and lots of lines to wait in. The most important part of getting TO grandpa Bill was the plane ride itself. Landon would wake up every morning and ask me if "today" was the day we were going to see grandp Bill. (Janelle went with us) and everytime Janelle would come over, he thought at the moment surely we were going to Colorado. FINALLY the day came, last Thursday, and we made our way to the airport to begin our trip to Colorado. Landon was so excited and did a great job of the long walks throught the airport...that is until we got to security. I had tried to prepare him step by step over the two prior days about the things we would see at the airport. I really tried to give detail about security because I knew it might be a little scary. We were going to put our blankie, our backpack and our shoes in a basket........ Stop at "shoes" he would look at me and tell me, " I don't want to take my shoes off". We would go round and round in circles about how we had to take our shoes off and they were just goint to take a picture of them and we would put them right back on. I would quiz him about security and he would tell me everything back....
We get to security and he FREAKS OUT!!!!! If you know Landon, you know he NEVER has his shoes off unless he is in the bathtub or in bed. And even sometimes he wears them in bed because I don't feel like it's worth the fight. Hey, if ya wanna sleep in shoes, that's your thing...doesn't sound comfy to me. Needless to say, I have to carry Landon, kicking and screaming through the security thing. I forget the stroller, Janelle forgets one of her jackets in one of the bins back at the beginning of the line...but we made it through. When we get on the plane, Landon buckles his seatbelt and asks when we are going to take off. Both he and Alexa did an amazing job on the plane. Alexa did make a dirty diaper, which was excellent changing it in the nasty airplane bathroom. YUCK! Landon thought it was the best thing ever and enjoyed every bit of the plane ride. When we landed in Denver, Landon said, "mommy. what was your favorite part?" SO cute! While in Colorado, we had a great time with my Dad, Step-mom, and sister's Conner and Madison. Alexa was just a peach and she is just really the best baby. Her smile is contagious and she is so patient. I do believe there were a few of my family members that fell in love with her. Landon really warmed up to everyone very quickly and enjoyed spending time with each one at one point or another. There is a great little park in the neighborhood that he really liked. We just spent alot of time together and hung out. Tuesday, we went into the mountains, which I think was Landon's favorite part. He had a great time touching the snow and kicking rocks and shopping in Estes Park. It was SO very cold, but as Landon even said, "this is beautiful" about the mountains. Alexa was a trooper and was nice and cuddly in my new baby carrier...and she kept me warm too. We did some shopping on Boulder and in Estes Park. OH! and Landon's other favorite part was when we went into Boulder, as there are often street entertainers trying to make a little dough. There was a couple playing the Didgeridoo. If you don't know what that is...google it! Landon stood there and watched them for a very long time. So much that the man playing his said "hello" through his Didgeridoo (such a fun word to say). Landon thought that was pretty cool. Needless to say, we ended up buying a CD of, say it with me, Didgeridoo, music. I'm not gonna lie, it's a little strange, but the CD is called "brain massage" so if that has anything to do with calming the brain, or massaging landon's wheels that are ALWAYS turning...bring on the DIDGERIDOO!!! As I end this blog, I want to Thank Dad and Liz for having us out to visit, we had a great time and I apologize for all the craziness. I'm sure your house is so quiet now, that it hurts your ears. Enjoy the pictures!















Comments

Oh Jen, you look so beautiful and it looks like you had a wonderful time! Your babies are so precious! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!