Madonna Mama!

Funny Story:
While in the car and listening to music, Landon will often label songs as "mommy's song" or "daddy's song". For example, for whatever reason, any Taylor Swift song that comes on the radio is "mommy's song". "Listen mommy. It's your song!" Not a huge fan, but whatever. The Black Eyed Peas might come on and we will here, "Daddy, your song's on!"
Yesterday, we went to dinner with my mom to McAllister's while Chris was out of town. We ate and as we were leaving, the restaurant radio over head was playing Madonna's 1985 hit "Dress You Up"...here's a the chorus: "Gonna dress you up in my love. All over, all over. Gonna dress you up in my love. All over your body".
Classy, I know. Just as we are passing a couple of ladies enjoying their dinner, Landon stops in his tracks and says with volume in his voice and excitement for whatever reason, "MOMMY! It's your song!".
My face was as red as it could possibly get and my mom and I were laughing pretty hard as we quickly walked out of the restaurant.
To be honest with you, Landon has never heard that song in all of his three years of life, what made him think it was MY song is beyond me. Maybe he has a secret stash of Madonna albums hidden under his bed. At least the two nice ladies eating their dinner as did my mom and I were rewarded with a good laugh!

Comments

Kelly Kruse said…
Oh I'm laughing like crazy! The story is so cute and then I scrolled down to the picture you put up. OMG ...I'm crying!!!! :D

thanks I needed a good laugh

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!