Alexa Anne was born at around 6:00 p.m. this evening. After a bit of a scare of not being able to find her heartbeat, some oxygen and a page to my doctor to arrive ASAP, and about 6 or 7 pushes...she was born. She weighs 6 pounds even and is 20.5 inches long. She is so pettite and looks just like Chris and Landon. Go figure...here again, I am the one that labors and carries the babies and Chris gets all the credit. I'm sure she will change a bit in her looks as she has already changed since she was born. I feel great and empowered as I had to do everything I could to get her out quick because her heartrate dropped down to the 40's. VERY scary but thank God I had Mom and Chris in the roomt to get me through. They were great coaches. Enjoy the pictures. I'm going to get off here while Alexa is taking her bath and we soon will go to bed. Thanks for check'n in. We'll update again tomorrow. Oh and how could I possibly forget...Big Brother Landon!!!! How precious it was t...
okay. so i know i have been posting back to back lately, but it's for those of you who have yet to meet Alexa or that live quite a distance from us. We love you and miss you all. We are having a great time with our kiddos and have had a blast watching them love each other already...well Landon anyway. I got some more bows in the mail thanks to Ashley Sommer here in Fort Wayne. She sent me some bows that fit Alexa a bit better. So sweet of her. If any of you with little girls are interested, here is her website: www.simplybowliciousbowtique.blogspot.com Also, today my dear friend Emily came to visit and met Alexa. She brought me a very special gift. She got a new sewing machine for Christmas and made Alexa a quilt. It is absolutely beautiful and it's something that is very special to me. I love it! Here are a few pictures of Alexa with a new bow, some of Alexa on her new blanket. A picture of Alexa in her swing with Landon's glow worm baby that he said she "needed"...
This past weekend was an eventful one. We drove down for Mason's birthday party that was on Saturday. I wasn't feeling too great that morning and got sick, which I hadn't done in a while. I got sick again on the way to the party, then again when we got back to June and Mark's after the party, then again right before we took off back to Fort Wayne. I just couldn't figure out what was going on. From there, I got sick about every ten miles on the interstate as Chris pulled over, no kidding, about 14 times. I got sick a total of 20 times Saturday and late that night decided that it was time to go to the E.R. I was given two liters of fluid and some meds to keep me from throwing up. We were there for about four hours and then headed home. It took me a couple days to recover; I was so sore from getting sick so many times. Anywho...I was to follow up with my doctor. So, today we went to the doctor to make sure everything was alright with the baby after Saturday. Everything...
Comments