Our January...

....was one rough month.
We are glad that the month of January is OVER! It brought us sickness and stress. Where do I start?
With the good news I suppose: I am almost 22 weeks pregnant and glad to say that I am feeling much better. I had my zofran pump for almost five weeks and I am glad to say that I was discharged on Monday and I mailed it back on Wednesday! Now I am really starting to enjoy being pregnant which is something I wasn't sure I would get to experience this time around. I am truly feeling blessed to feel this little guy moving around and already full of life. Landon is very excited to see my belly grow. Recently we went shopping and we came across a pair of shoes that he thought we needed to buy for his little brother so that they could both have "sandlot" shoes that matched.


This month brought us and ear infection and strep throat for Landon requiring an antibiotic. One week went by and he woke up and said his ear was hurting which I thought was strange seeing that he'd been taking meds for a week. I decided to call the doctor to have it checked out and while I was there, had them look at Alexa's throat because she was starting to come down with something and had a very strange cough. Come to find out, Landon still had an ear infection so his doctor wrote another prescription for the same meds. They took a look at Alexa and listened to her cough and diagnosed her with croupe! Something we've never had to deal with but something that can be very scary. The following day, my grandmother who had suffered from Alzehiemers passed away after many years of struggling. I went to Indianapolis to be with my mom and siblings and we said our final goodbyes.
The following day, I got a phone call from Chris saying that Landon was having a horrible reaction to "something" and we knew right away what that "something" was. He called the doctor and took him right in and it was determined that he was allergic to the antibiotic that he had been taking for his ear infection. He told us to give him benadryl and it anything changed to call them. Within two hours Landon couldn't get up off the ground or climb the stairs due to the fact that he had hives literally all over his body and joints. If this rings a bell or if you remember, this was the same thing he did over a year ago with Amoxicillin he took from an ear infection. Chris called the doctor and they put him on a steroid and between that and the benadryl, we hoped for the best and that this would pass.
We traveled to Indy for the weekend to celebrate the life of my amazing grandmother and had a very long day. Late Saturday night, Landon was showing signs that he was hurting again and when we went to put his pajamas on, he again had hives all over and he couldn't make it up the stairs due to the pain he was in. His legs were horrible and looked like he had second degree burns on them. We decided that we needed to take him somewhere and we decided to take him to Riley. After about two hours and a very late night/ early morning, we were told there was really nothing we could do. So, we went home at least with a peace of mind knowing that his breathing was alright but that he was having and anaphylactic reaction. So, to make a long story short, we are just going to have to keep a close eye on him and really try and keep him healthy because he is now allergic to two different families of medicines and the doctor said they really don't want to introduce him to anything else.
These don't due justice...


Here are a couple videos of the kids. One is of Alexa sliding down the stairs on her belly. The second is of the kids playing in their capes that their Grandma Liz handmade them for Christmas and the third is of Chris and I trying to keep Landon awake after a very long weekend of being busy and many rounds of Benadryl.

Lastly, the month of January brought some visitors from Indy and here are a few pictures of the kids and the Cranes having a good time after a day of playing.
Enjoy!







I will be posting again this week because.....Alexa will be 2 on the 11th!!!!!
I can't believe it.

Comments

Kelly Kruse said…
Man, what a rough month for you guys! I am so sorry! Poor Landon. :( Glad to hear you are at least feeling better and the picture of the shoes is so cute! Hoping for a better February for y'all (my attempt at being southern :)

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!