In Due time....

....seems to be the only thing getting me through all the transitions in our family lately.
I am 36 weeks pregnant today and feeling more like 40 weeks! I. Am. Ready.
On the other hand, some days I really try and embrace the end of this pregnancy knowing it will be my last. It will be the last time I can complain of heartburn, backaches, insomnia, feet in my ribs, elbows and knees rolling across my belly and the incredible feeling of a little life moving inside of me. Makes me a bit emotional, but I am so blessed to have experienced it three times in my life. All the months of throwing up and infusion therapy was so worth the couple months that I get to actually enjoy being pregnant. I know the day my baby boy makes his arrival will be emotional as I am closing a chapter in my life of carrying a child
I have been measuring four weeks small for where I should be in the pregnancy and had a unscheduled ultrasound to make sure he was healthy. The results showed that he is perfect and healthy but just skinny. God knows I make small baby's that turn into tall, big, children:) We are so very excited to be welcoming him into this world and are SO ready to meet him. Landon is beyond ready to meet his brother and we have daily conversations and LOTS of questions about everything. The kids have so much going on in their little lives right now, this past month has been a bit of a challenge for all of us.
The kids have officially transitioned into sharing a room and the long awaited bunk beds arrived from Colorado, thanks to my Dad for driving them all the way here for us to enjoy! Landon LOVES them and Alexa couldn't have done a better job transitioning from a crib to a big girl bed. They have been sleeping through the night since the second night but are waking up very early, between 5:45 and 6:30, depending on the day. But I had decided that I could have it worse of them waking up all through the night AND getting up before the sun!
Nap time has been a bigger challenge. Since I have been fighting Landon with naps some days or the fact that he is four and a half, it has been said by some that perhaps Landon is ready to not have naps or that he will soon phase out. But as his mother, I can say, he is NOT ready to NOT have a nap. Even if it's only thrity minutes, the child needs to nap! The problem is that he doesn't nap as long as Alexa, who is no where near ready to NOT have naps either. What happens is, he will take a short nap on his top bunk and as he gets down when he is ready to wake up, he too wakes up his sister who is not ready to wake up and who usually sleeps for two hours or more. This is the situation at it's best. There have been more days without naps than with naps because if my children aren't asleep for their nap by 1:00, it's too late for them to take a nap. With them getting up SO early every morning (and it doesn't matter what time I put them to bed, they still get up at the same time) they are in bed most nights between 7:00 and 7:30. I know it sounds crazy early, but it works for our family. The days without naps have been very hard for our family because the kids are "done" by 4:30 and everyone, including me, is beside themselves! And so I say, In Due Time...

With the kids sharing a room, this means that the baby's room is complete! Yay! When we moved into this house, we bought Landon a new twin bed frame and I didn't want to put it into storage with the new arrival of the bunk beds because it was a brand new frame. So, we decided to put it in the nursery next to the crib as a guest bed and if the baby is up one night, I can let Chris sleep while I sleep in the nursery with the baby. And with our naptime situation and the possibility of Landon phasing out of naps here in the next few months while the baby is in the bassinet, he can take his naps in there to avoid the playtime that he and his sister have created instead of naptime. As a matter of fact, after an hour of playing during naptime today, I moved him into the nursery and within five minutes and a very minimal tantrum, both kids fell asleep in seperate rooms within five minutes! And again I say, In Due Time...





We were planning on the purchase of two new cars here soon. One for Chris to just get around town in, to and from work and we have found a potential car that fits those needs but are waiting to make sure it's the right decision. We have also have alot of interest in purchasing a car with a third row that is NOT a minivan. We understand though, it's not a necessity but a luxury and are putting alot of thought into what the right thing to do for our family would be. With all this thought, God must have known that there would be much financial responsibility all at the same time because HE has provided for us once again in the form of our tax check this year as we had many medical and unexpected bills come all at the same time. We now have a leak in our living room that we are having looked at tomorrow. The expense of that is unknown and one that is more important that new cars. In Due Time...

A promise that was made to my sweet Landon was that when him and Alexa were at the point of sharing a room, he was able to get some hermit crabs. What I thought was going to be a minimal responsibility for a four year old and an inexpensive purchase, turned into a much bigger responsibility and $100.00 purchase! Sure the hermit crabs only cost $4.99 each, but know one tells you about all the requirements to actually keep them thriving and alive. We have returned both original hermit crabs due to...well...they died but have successfully been replaced. Landon could not have been happier with these new members of our family and nothing makes me happier than to see him SO happy! Though expensive and relying on ME to keep them alive and well, they have been somewhat painless but a bigger "deal" than I originally thought.


Something that has started here in Bloomington and something we have looked forward to ALL winter was the start of the Farmer's Market! It's something to do together as a family on Saturday mornings and something the kids look forward to! One of their favorite things is the humane society brings dogs that are up for adoption. But there are other regular dogs that are there almost every Saturday. A dog in particular that we remembered from last year was a dog named Bogart. He is a mastiff of some sort and he is HUGE!!! Chris took a pic of Landon next to him. He is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever seen and who is also a therapy dog at Riley in Indianapolis.


Here are just some pictures of the kids. Enjoy.
It's quite possible that I may not be on here until the baby has arrived but I will do my best to keep you all posted. When I was actuallly in labor with Alexa, we were updating the blog along the way. I will try to do the same to keep everyone in the loop!







Landon with Grandpa Bill during his visit from bringing the bunk beds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!