WAY TOO LONG!

Geesh...it's been a while. You'd think I had three kids or something!

I suppose I will start off with the 4th of July weekend. We spent it with our close family of friends, the Nixon/McGee family. Saturday the 3rd, we went to "Picnic with Pops" at the Ivey Tech campus here in Bloomington. It was HOT, but Oh so much fun! It was one of our first outings with all three kids to a place where we had to pack up and go. Even though it was in town, it was a bit intimidating for me to think about packing up for the whole family, including a four week old! I am SO glad we did because it was so much fun! We got to see Super Why characters, Hot Air Balloons and Big Band music. But most importantly, fireworks!
Here are some pics from that evening:












On July 4th, Jessica, Brian and Sabrina came down to have a cookout and let the kids play on our slipnslide. Boy did they have a blast! We didn't even leave the house and the kids had a great time!



SORRY THIS VIDEO IS SIDEWAYS. CHRIS PHONE IS A PAIN!

July brought us a visit and much needed help from my sister Conner from Colorado!
I really enjoyed and soaked up all the help she was while I was here. I'm pretty sure though, after this visit, she will wait as long as possible before she has ANY children. She may very well be scared for life!
While Conner was here, she went to a family reunion on my Mom's side of the family. Strange, I know but it couldn't have been easier for her to be welcomed by such a great family as the Moore family! If any of you read this, thank you for an enjoyable weekend. We truly had a great time. Here are a few pictures of the kids in the car (our new car, if you didn't know that we purchased three days before Quin arrived because it was then we realized we were not going to fit three carseats in the back row of the Dodge Nitro) on their way to Ohio. I didn't take any other ones, but these are kinda cute:
OUR NEW CAR (2009 Ford Flex which we highly recommend and is a great family car)...


ON OUR WAY TO OHIO:



Okay. Update on the kids:

Landon:
...doing very well and is growing up way too fast. He starts at the next level at his preschool. An advanced 5's class. Since he won't be going to Kindergarten this year because of his birthday, his teachers and I thought it was best for him to move up a class. Most kids that are in this class and get through it with no problems can actually skip kindergarten and go right to the first grade. I however don't think that will be Landon's case, but we shall see. He is doing a great job with the things they are learning and he never ceases to amaze us with the things he is learning in his class at school, and it's summer time! He is doing color by numbers, very well actually and we couldn't be more proud. We can't wait to see what the next school year holds for him. His new class has many things to offer Landon when it comes to his strengths and weaknesses as they direct their attention on each child with personalized learning.
One thing that Landon has accomplished this summer that he is very proud of is riding his bike without training wheels! He is really very good and caught on in about two days!
This past weekend, Landon was able to spend a couple nights with my mom before she had to go back to work. He did a great job and had a great time!


Alexa:
...is one little fire cracker, that's for sure! She has a big personality right now and does NOT take "No" for an answer. We are working on that and probably will be for a while. She is all girl, but also is very fearless. One of her favorite things to do is have Chris throw her as far up in the air as he can! My aunt Mary suggested gymnastics for her and we thought about it and knew if she was fearless now, it was the time to get her signed up. So, we went to an open house this past weekend at a local gymnastics place and signed her up for a class. We shall see...
While Landon spent a couple days with my mom, Alexa and I had a girls day together. We painted her nails, she picked out a new tutu and hair bow and we had lunch together at McAllister's and went to the park.
We had a great time:





Quin:
...or "Quiny" as he's been called lately, is doing really well. He will have his 8 week well check this evening so I don't now all of his stats for sure, but do know that he weighs 12 POUNDS!!! He is bigger than Landon was at this point so, I'm a little scared but know deep down that I don't stand a chance with my children outgrowing me! It's gonna happen. He is a really good baby, now that I've figured out my diet, and is smiling all the time. He is such a blessing and we can't wait to see what personality he will have in the next couple months.






Finally,
Chris and I just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the 31st of July. We couldn't be more in love with eachother and we are so blessed with our family and a healthy relationship. Can't wait for many more years together. Love you Christopher Michael.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

Happy Anniversary!

One more makes a family of four!