Long time, no Blog...

It's been quite a while since I blogged and updated on our little family. Life with three is a bit more busy than I thought. Not even the addition of Quinton is what is keeping me as busy as Landon and Alexa starting to get involved in activities that's keeping me on my toes!

Landon is doing swim lessons and is doing very well. So well in fact, his instructor is going to skip him ahead two classes. While the other kids in the class are learning to blow bubbles and put their face in the water, my little fish is literally doing cannon balls off the side of the pool. Gliding under the water, learning the back stroke and freestyle. Maybe swimming is going to be his "thing". He really enjoys it and he has NO fear in the water. It's one of the few things he enjoys and doesn't have anxiety over. He seems very confident, which is something he doesn't have in alot of areas...confidence. Especially at school where he struggles to get the letters and numbers right. But he is doing great and we are very proud of him as he is doing his best. He is a wonderful artist and truly enjoys drawing pictures. I can even most of the time make out what it is that he drew :)
He couldn't be more in love with Quin and I am very proud of how much he really tries to watch out for him and make sure he is happy at ALL times. He is always concerned for Quin's well being and I know that in lifes circumstances in the future, Quin will be very well looked out for. He is a wonderful big brother to Alexa as well, but there is just a special connection between my boys.

Alexa tried gymnastics this fall and did a wonderful job as well. She took right to it and her teacher was impressed with how well she caught on and her interest in it at such a young age. We are taking a break from the class because they suggested she do the same class again since she is only two years old, but I don't want to spend the money again until she is able to move to the next class. She truly was the only child in her class that participated and listened to the teacher. The other kids were being chased by their parents the entire time and the teacher spent most of her time redirecting them back to what the class was doing. So...I think we will put that on hold. Alexa is very independent but is very much a daddy's girl. Chris has been traveling alot lately and it's the first time she has really payed much attention or noticed the length of time that he has been gone. I have been doing my best to give her lots of hugs when she is hurt, distract her with activities throughout the day and read as many books that Chris would read to her if he were here, BUT, she just looks at me in those moments that she and Chris usually share and says, "I miss my daddy" or "I want my daddy". Doesn't hurt my feelings because I know these are the years that she depends on and is comforted by her daddy. The time will come when she will depend on me and need me in other ways that Chris won't be able to meet. I love watching Alexa and Chris in the moments they don't think anyone is watching. True love between a daughter and her father.
Alexa is one of a kind and never seems to amaze me. She isn't the best at remembering or retaining information that she should probably know at her age, but she sure can carry on a conversation and remember the things I wish she wouldn't. She barely knows what animal makes what sound and every color is "pink" to her. But sheh will remind you that she is almost three and when she is three she can have gum. (because that's what we've told her and that's the rule in our family).
You can find her in one moment pretending to shop with her babies with her purse on her wrist and necklace around her neck. In another moment, she is wearing one of Landon's football jerseys with a hat on backwards playing football and tackling Landon. She loves to sing, read, and paint her nails. I can't wait to see what her passion in life is.

Quinton is now four months old and there is just something about that little boy that melts my heart daily. He is so precious and I don't remember life before him. To think back a year ago when I found out we were expecting him, I was so scared and wasn't sure I could handle it. Boy what a Joy he has been in our family and we all four have a special connection and love for him in our own little ways. He has kept me on my toes these past few weeks as he had a rectal prolapse, diagnosed with excema, a cough for the past three weeks and digestive issues that have caused him much discomfort. But, we are working through them all and he is happy almost ALL the time, even when he's not feeling 100%. He rolled over once but hasn't decided he has wanted to do it since. His smile is infectious and you can't help but smile back, no matter the mood you're in. He has come to love bath time and likes splashing his little hand in the water and he adores his big brother and sister. He melts when they give him any attention...but after about ten minutes of Alexa and Landon in his face, he will let them know he's done.

The next venture in our family will be a road trip to Colorado for Thanksgiving. Yes, we are driving and maybe we are crazy, but we can't afford to fly so driving is the way we are going to go. Wish us luck!

Now onto why you really are looking at our family blog...PICTURES. And there are a ton of them so it may take a while to search through them. Enjoy!


One of our many trips to the farmer's market this summer/fall!









Something we enjoy doing is driving the short 10 minute drive to Lake Monroe and watching the sun either rise or set, depending on the day.



Chris took Landon to an I.U. football game and Landon LOVED it! I'm not sure which he did more, watch the game or eat!







Playing in the leaves is one of my most favorite memories growing up since our house had SO many mature trees. So far, each year we have let the kids play in them before we do our major pick up before winter. This particular day, I decided I wanted to lay in the leaves and get a picture with the kids. They had another idea...I was attacked.








I mean really...





Finally, the kids and I took a walk and did a scavenger hunt on THE B LINE TRAIL here in Bloomington. So, we made a book of it...

Click here to view this photo book larger

Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!