April: off to a good start!

For the most part, April has gotten off to a good start. We are really spending alot of time outside in this amazing weather! I on the other hand, haven't been sick in a really, really long time and it has finally caught up with me. I have a cold, the chills and no energy today so this post will be just pictures and not much else.

In our backyard, which is not much of a backyard, we have a small creek. We haven't had too much rain but there was a bit of rain that left some water in the creek. Landon was itching to play out in the creek and I gave in and thought, what could it hurt? So, I got them in some play clothes and they explored the creek. They weren't too thrilled with how cold the water was, but they had fun poking and playing in the water.






We also took a trip to the Zoo. I broke down and bought a pass and I'm glad we did. This trip, Landon was able to be a Junior Dolphin Trainer and was able to go up close to the Dolphin window and help the Dophins do tricks. Alexa got her face painted and Quin, just hung out in the stroller eating his toes.
The kids had a fun time.






We had a good Easter spent last weekend and the weekend before that. Here are a few pictures of the kids.











We bought a new fire pit for the deck and we have enjoyed it several times already both just Chris and I alone and with the kids making S'Mores!



Here is a VIDEO of Landon helping with the dolphins and the kids racing down the hill on the side of our house:


Last but not least, we have a visitor and some future visitors in our garage.
High on a hook in the garage hang my roller blades that I got in college. It's been several years since they've been put to use. However, someone else has decided to use them for keeping her eggs warm. Landon and I have been seeing a tiny finch in the garage off and on for the past couple weeks; With the garage door open and the garage door shut. We have a gab in the top of the garage where we believe she is squeezing her way into the garage. I came home Monday after dropping the kids off at school. I walked around to the side of the car to get Quin out and I make eye contact with our little bird as she is pirched on the edge of my roller blade. She flys off as I have startled her and as I look closer at my roller blade, I see a twig, then some leaves poking out of the boot. I obviously can not see in because of its height but, I grab a chair from the kitchen and I still can's see in so I hold my phone up to try and take a picture. I got a picture of the nest and then when Chris got home, he got a very dark picture of the inside of the roller blade and deep in the bottom, you can barely see four small bird eggs. Landon and Alexa think it's pretty cool, so we are going to try and follow the little birds and try and figure out what kind they are.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

Happy Anniversary!

One more makes a family of four!