updates...

Things around here have been up and down. Seems every week, someone is struggling with illness or injury. Chris was sick for about a week and was either home recovering or traveling for work. Landon had the stomach flu, Alexa and Quin had colds. But, in between we've tried to make the most of our time together. We tried playing some board games, which I am very happy about because I love board games and the kids are getting old enough to keep the attention they require and understand the rules too.
We also have treated ourselves to Ice Cream:
Here is a belated birthday picture from Alexa's 4th Birthday:
We've painted our fingernails and made precious piggie tails:
One of my most favorite toys that my Grandma Carol and Grandpa Bob's house are these blocks that have been played with for many, many, many years by many, many children. Including my dad, me, my brother, my sister and now my kids. I don't keep them out all the time. In fact, I rotate them so the kids never get tire of them. They are timeless and I love watching the kids play with them. Alexa had a great time playing with them for over an hour today and she was very proud of herself:
Poor Quin has had quite a week. Monday, he got a gooopy eye and was taken to the doctor and prescribed eye drops. Everything else checked out fine. That night he started oozing "yuck" from his ear (the same side as his eye). So, the next day he was prescribed ear drops. Had a visit to the allergist to see if he's still allergic to eggs and after a few pokes on the back...he is STILL allergic to eggs. Then today, while stanging on a stool in the bathroom and peeking in Alexa's "hair bow drawer", the stool slipped from under him and he fell and hit his lip on the drawer biting through the piece of tissue that connects his upper lip to his gum/teeth. He will see the dentist on Monday to make sure everything is alright with that. He seems to be in a lot of pain from his mouth and won't drink or eat anything. My poor little guy has had a rough, rough week.
Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!