Beautiful Day!

Today was just an amazing Spring day. With all the rain we've had lately and how crazy busy life has been, I truly enjoyed soaking up the sun with my boys today. I took Quin to the park to play, just he and I and he had a BLAST! It is always so nice to hear the first belly laughs of the year at the park. The first trip to the park each year, is so different than the year before. I love watching the kids experience the park in a new way every year. How their abilities change and their interests far different than the last time they visited. He climbed ladders he couldn't climb last year and went down slides that were too fast for him last time. Nothing beats hearing him say, "I did it mommy! Watch!" And I let him know with excitement that I'm watching! Or the "can you help me?" as he trys to climb yet an even taller ladder that I know next year he will be asking me to watch him climb all.by.himself. I put Quin in the swing and he just laughed and laughed. Like he had forgotten what it felt like to swing and have a nice breeze blowing on his face. Pure Joy was all over his face and I couldn't help but be reminded that I too need to stop and feel the breeze on my face and enjoy the sun on my skin and the blue sky above.





I also got to spend a small amount of time today with Landon. His school participates every year in a day of reading on The Square downtown here in Bloomington. They bring a book, a sack lunch and read! Quin and I popped in for a surprise visit and Landon couldn't have smiled any bigger. I think Quin was just as excited because he wouldn't stop saying "Hi Landon!" over and over and over...




I needed this day more than anyone really knows. A day to reflect on the simple things and be reminded that in the midst of "busy", the small things can slip away right before your eyes. I love the little reminders I get when I can truly focus on something so small, something that might not matter to anyone else, and something that puts me back right where I belong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!