15 months






































Landon is going to be 15 months on the 17th of this month. He is quite the little boy and a huge ham for the camera. He loves to have his picture taken and says "cheese" whenever he even lays eyes on a camera. He is talking more and more each week. This week he has learned to say "light" and "please". Now of course when I say he says "light" and "please", it's not as clear as you or I might say it, but he sure is trying. He knows how to say "baby", "lily", "daddy", "mommy", "grandpa", "grandpa", "more", "bite", "cookie","basketball","puppy", and the list keeps growing. We have recently discovered that we have to be careful the actions we make...he has learned to copy things he sees. The other day I put my hands on my head because I had a headache and said, "oh my head". Wouldn't you know, I look over and Landon has his hands on his head making a moaning sound and his eyebrows in a frown? His newest favorite thing to do is dance. I keep trying to get it on video so I can post it, but everytime I get the camera out while he is dancing, he becomes more interested in the camera. I will have to sneak up on him. All he needs is some space and some music and he starts to dance. He has also discovered a new secret hiding place. We have an island in our kitchen and he has learned that he can fit inside through one of the cabinet doors. This is also the cabinet that he takes the pots and pans out of to play with. He has realized that after it's empty, there is the perfect space for a little boy to fit in. He climbs right in and shuts the door. Ever so slightly, we et a little peek out of one of the doors and if we look in, we see two big dimples and the bigges grin. He is just so much fun to play with. We are learning so much about each other and we are having the best time. A couple things we are working on: he is adjusting from two naps into one nap a day. It has been so hard for him because he cannot quite make it to lunch time and then afer his nap, he has a hard time making it to bedtime. I am just trying to be patient and understand that this too will pass. Our other obstacle is the pacifier. Everything I have read says that they can use it up until the age of two. I have decided that I want to try to break him of the habit as soon as I can. The older he gets, the harder it is going to be. I started with only giving it to him when he was in his crib and when we drop him off somewhere. Last week, I have only been giving it to him when we drop him off somewhere and don't give it to him in his crib anymore. This past weekend, he didn't get it when he was dropped off and you know what? He did perfectly fine. In fact, when we dropped him off at the Y.M.C.A. child watch...he just walked right in, looked over at Chris and I and said "bye". And that was that...he had toys to play with and not much time to do it. I have to say...all this growing up has made me a bit emotional. He is growing up so much and has become so independent. He is into everything and is ALL boy. We couldn't be more tickled to be raising such a sweet, sweet boy. He has his moments, but we will take them.

XOXO,
Jennifer and Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

Happy Anniversary!

One more makes a family of four!