"don't worry about it"

Sorry for the lack of posting. We've got so much going on right now in our families. Kids sure are a good distraction to moments that leave us feeling out of control. You can't help but smile, love and hug someone like a child who has no clue that there is any negative in the world...other than maybe not having fruit snacks before dinner or having to leave the park before they are ready to. I have found a new view of my life and my children over the past month and love them more than I thought I possibly could. Alexa is full of smiles and there isn't a day that goes by that Landon doesn't make me laugh with something he says. I could have a library of phrases that he comes up with on his own. Some I can't mention because they wouldn't be appropriate for the blog. He is such a hoot and it amazes Chris and I the things that interest him and the questions he asks. One story off the top of my head: The other day, Landon asked me, "mommy? Who got my blankie for me?" I told him that while he was in my tummy, I had a party and someone gave it to me to give to him after he came out of my tummy. We have had the "baby in the tummy" conversation as we've talked about the fact that Alexa was just in my tummy. So...he sort of has the idea of babies. Keep in mind, he is only 2 and half years old. The next question he asks me is, "mommy? where did I come from?" I, myself, had to remember that he is only 2 and half and gasped because a child his age shouldn't be interested in that or even be curious about that. I shouldn't be ready to answer that question until he is like what...16. Okay, maybe not that old, but I sure didn't think I would be answering it this soon. My answer to him was really a question, "Landon, where DID you come from?" He says, "your tummy." I said, "yes". He asks, "I come out of your belly button?" You can imagine my face, then again I remind myself of his age and say, "yes, you came out of my belly button." He is so funny and doesn't even try. Another quick story: This morning, Landon, who by the way is doing a GREAT job potty training. And I would say that he is potty trained about 90%. He has an accident maybe once a week, not too bad I would say. Anywho. This morning, Landon went potty and I went to empty it into the toilet. I came back into the room to find Landon standing over Alexa who was in her swing trying to roll out of it. Which by the way she is trying very hard to roll over anytime she is unattended. Okay. So I come back in the room and Landon says to me, "mommy, I tell baby sister I'm sorry". I said, "okay. what did you do to baby sister?" He answers, "don't worry about it mom". I asked him again what he did to her. He answers, "mommy, just don't worry about it." Such a teenage thing to say. I just reminded him that we need to leave Alexa alone when she is in her swing. I seriously could go on and on for days telling stories but obviously don't have that much time. I will post several pictures. I got backed up because I couldn't find my battery charger for my camera and my camera needed the battery charged, so I couldn't take pics. I did today and I took so many. Please keep both the Mobley and the Welty family in your prayers as we are facing some health issues. Enjoy the pics and take care.
To explain the pictures where Alexa has underwear on her head...we were in the living room, Landon runs into his room while saying, "hey, I got a dea (idea)!". He comes back with a pair of his underwear and puts it on Alexa's head and says it's her party hat and begins singing Happy Birthday to her. Funny guy!






















Comments

Acosta Family said…
You have a beautiful family Jennifer....Good Job on the potty training Landon!!!

Acosta Family

Popular posts from this blog

update...

Happy Anniversary!

One more makes a family of four!