8 months post


















So...Alexa is offically 8 months old. She has had no problem reaching milestones mostly where she should. She was rolling over at about three months. She was sitting up at six months. She is doing a great job with food. I can give her cooked peas, carrots, and corn and she just chews away. She is eating puffs and cheerios just fine and we are even attempting a sippy cup. She is just growing up SO fast! As for being mobile, she has been on her knees and rocking for over a month and a half now. It's so funny because she will get on all fours, rock and rock and rock as if you think she will just take off crawling, but she just won't. Everyone that watches her rock says, "oh, just a couple more weeks and she will be crawling!". The only thing is, it's been more than "a couple weeks". I am determined that she is not going to crawl. She does move, don't get me wrong. Her strategy is to rock and rock and rock on all fours and then plop on her belly and sort of army crawl on the ground. Then she will get back up and rock and then plop and crawl. Almost as if her legs don't work once she is on the floor. It's pretty funny to watch. Now, onto the past couple of days. Chris is out of town for the week and I was telling him that we were in trouble because Alexa was practicing climbing. I would set her in the middle of the room and I would sit against the couch a few feet away. She would scoot over to me on her belly, put her hands on my lap, bring herself to her knees and then reach for my hand and then she would pull herself to her feet, flat footed. I would sit her back down and she would make her way back over to me. She did this little "drill" about eight times. So today...I went into the bathroom for just a second and when I came back into the living room, this is what I saw. When she wants to do something, she does. I wonder what that says about her personality. Could be good, could be bad...I am praying for good:) Enjoy the video!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!