third times a.......vacation?!?

So as I've been preparing for baby number 3's arrival, it is much less stressful and there are some things I'm looking forward to.
Of course I am looking forward to bringing a new little guy into this house and snuggle and watch the kids, mostly Landon, fall in love with him. I am looking forward to the new baby smell, little diapers and a first bath. But, as I shared with my MOPS group, after this past month of so many transitions, I am looking forward to the break that I will get in the hospital for the 48 hours that I will be there to actually have the baby. Crazy? Yes I know, but what can I say, with this being my third baby, I know what to expect and one thing that I cherish is the special bonding time that I have with each of my babies when staying in the hospital. There is never a time to compare to falling in love with your newborn than those first two days in the hospital when there just might be some peace and quiet for you and your new little one. I know I will miss Landon and Alexa while I'm in the hospital and I know they will grow that extra foot and a half in the two days I'm away from them in comparison to the little baby I will be bringing home. I am just really trying to take this all in as it's the last baby I will have and carry and I want to cherish every, single moment including these last few days/weeks that I am pregnant. I am getting SO close to the end and I have my days where I want to stay pregnant and enjoy his movements and hiccups. But seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I am more ready to not be pregnant and hold him and love on him and meet him and welcome him into our family. I have been having ALOT of contractions, some painful. In fact, we almost made a trip to the hospital Thursday night because I had them about three minutes apart for over an hour. But once I settled down and tried not to move, they went away. Prior to that, I have dilated, so something in me seems to think he will be here before his due date of June 7th. I go to the doctor again on Tuesday, so I am anxious to see my progress!
Now, onto the kids...
Landon has been a bit of a challenge about three to four days a week and I am really trying to figure it out. I suppose when I really think about it, there is just alot going on in his little world right now and I am trying to meet his needs but be firm as a parent and let him know what will stand in our family and what won't. Something I struggle with because he is a sensitive and insecure little boy and I'm still trying to figure out what parenting works best with him. He is such a sweet boy with a huge heart and I know this is just something that will turn out to be nothing, but in those long moments, it can be very frustrating.
Here he is beginning to enjoy the warm weather that has visited us here lately.




Here is a picture of him, after I MAYBE bribbed him to take a nap so he could "help" me put some of the baby things together and get them out of their boxes.
He is very excited!



Alexa is as sassy as ever and we too are trying to figure out what discipline works best for her. We are about out of options, but we know this too shall pass and we will find what works as she matures and understands out family rules. She can be sweet as candy and as bitter as vinegar. But we wouldn't have it any other way. The other day, she was throwing a fit over the fact that I wouldn't let her have a piece of Easter candy before breakfast and she found a pair of my high heel shoes and wanted to wear them. Just like her daddy, shoes make everything better. Although I will say, these kind of shoes would do nothing for Chris, but you get the point.



Well, I hope the next time I blog, I will be telling you all that I am in labor or that our little guy has arrived. I however know that I need to be realistic and understand that it's not in my timing and I could very well still have all of the three weeks until my due date until he arrives!
take care!


We were able to see our family, The Witt's last weekend and went to Upland Brewery here in town to eat dinner. Oh how hard it was to not get an ice cold beer to drink with my yummy meal. I know, you'd think the last thing I would want after this rough pregnancy of throwing up and feeling green, would be to crave a beer or anything with Alcohol, but I have been. I'm not gonna lie, I'm ready for a glass of wine or a cold beer...sooner than later. Anywho, enough about my craving, here are a couple of pictures of the kids together with Sabrina.

Comments

so glad for the progress and so excited for you to meet your new little guy!!! praying for a smooth and safe delivery and peace and quiet in the hospital! ha!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!