First Haircut



Before
















During



















After
















Okay, okay, okay. So, I know Landon doesn't have all that much hair and to most of you, you probably won't even notice a difference, but Chris and I do. We decided to take Landon to get his first haircut. His hair was getting a little ratty and fuzzy in the back and we thought it was time to get a haircut. We went off to "Big League Barber" here in Fort Wayne. Unfortunaley, there aren't any "kiddie" places that I could find for him to get his haircut. So we went where Chris goes when he doesn't get his haircut in Indianapolis. It's a barber shop that is created for guys who like sports, and if you know Chris, then it fits him perfectly. We walk in and Landon is pleased to see things that he recognizes...balls. Basketballs, baseballs, baseball bats, soccer balls, pictures of people playing sports. They even have several T.V.'s with ESPN on all of them. We walk back to the big scary black chair. The barber placed the booster seat in the chair and I plopped Landon up on the chair trying to make it seem like it was so amazing and cool that he was sitting up so high. All of a sudden, the tears came. He held onto my hand for dear life. We brought his blanket, but not even that was good enough. After a while, he realized that it didn't hurt and watched the barber in the mirror as she cut his hair. He moved his head a bit, but she did an amazing job. Then came the buzzer. We talked about whether we should let him see it before she would use it and we decided that it wouldn't matter; either he would like it or he wouldn't. And...he didn't. The poor guy, I had to hold his head still. The barber wasn't stopping, she just kept going and I decided that I better hold his head still if I didn't want a chunk of his hair to be gone before my eyes. After just a minute or so of torture...he was done. He got a "first haircut" certificate and a sucker. He was very pleased with the sucker seeing that it's the first one has ever had; he REALLY enjoyed it. He looks so handsome and grown-up, but I think it will be a while before we try it again. Enjoy the pictures. I will be posting some pictures here in the next week or so. I hope to get some good ones over Easter weekend. Love to you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!