April Showers

April showers is the best way to explain the past few weeks and...well...the weather today. Chris' grandma is ill and trying to rehab but keeps having setbacks that just won't let her heal. Chris has been driving to Indianapolis about two to three times a week trying his best to make her comfortable. (side note: it's his mom's mother) We just wish her to be comfortable and at peace no matter where she is. Chris is balancing this and work and is doing an amazing job. I think in some ways, his job prepared him to be strong in this situation. Since his job requires him to travel, driving to Indy doesn't seem more than just driving to South Bend for work. He loves his grandmother and wouldn't have it any other way than to be there for her and make her comfortable. As for Landon, he has done a great job distracting Chris and I from all the stress we've endured lately. He is just so full of life and we are having the best time with him. I think he can feel that there has been some stress because he has just been so silly. It seems though, that in the past week, he has really found his voice. Yes, I know he has been talking for quite some time now. But I mean his singing voice. I think he is going to be very musical and it's fun to imagine the person he will be. He loves to dance to any music and has even been singing. I love it and it makes me laugh and love him more everytime I see him enjoying life. We have learned that we have to be a bit more careful the things we say around him. He repeats everything. I was in the car the other day listening to the radio and the lady on the radio said, "do you ever have days where you feel like you just need a good laugh because you just feel, stinky?". As soon as she said it, I heard a little voice in the back seat say "stinky". I will tell you it was one of those days where I did just need a good laugh and that right there did it for me. It was the perfect thing. I started laughing and Landon got the biggest smile on his face as though he knew he had lifted my spirits. Such a silly word "stinky", but such a great moment that my son and I could share. I don't have any pictures to post right now, but I do have a video. Since we've been in and out alot, that means fast food. Here is one night just Landon and I, while Chris was in Indy, eating Wendy's. He looks so grown up. (Trevor, I heard you liked the videos, so this is for you buddy!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!