Splish Splash

This past weekend we had the honor of watching my sister Janelle graduate from I.U. She still has a couple of summer school classes to complete, but for the most part is done. For the occasion, my dad and aunt Mary came in to town and we had a great time. Friday night we went out to celebrate at the Iron Skillet (no not the truck stop off of 69). It was amazing and yummy. We went with my Mom and Dusty, Jason, Sarah and Isabelle, Janelle, Chris, Landon and I. Landon had his helping of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and of course the yummy ice cream. He had a little taste of Jason's and Janelle's...he just couldn't decide which one was better. Saturday Landon and I headed down to Bloomington for the graduation, Chris spent the day in Indianapolis with his grandmother. I was able to make it to the commencment thanks to my Aunt Mary who watched Landon for me so that I could go with my Dad to see Janelle graduate. Thanks Aunt Mary! Mary soon learned that Landon never stops moving. When we got back, we all ate dinner together and celebrated some more. Landon and I had to leave early because he wasn't acting too well and was REALLY tired. We headed back down on Sunday to spend the day with everyone again and we had a really good time just hanging out and chasing Landon around the house. I don't think Landon could have given Isabelle enough hugs. He loves her so much and wants to be by her all the time. We drove back up to Fort Wayne Sunday evening and Landon was still not acting himself and cried alot of the trip. We decided to take him to the doctor Monday morning and we found out he has another ear infection and a yucky cough. So, he is on more medication and I hate it, but I know it will make him better. What I don't understand is the trade off of the medication. He has to take the medicine for his ears and chest but it upsets his stomach so bad that now he is upset from his tummy. Whatever. I know he needs to get sick every now and then to build up his immune system, but give me a break. I hate putting him on all of this medicine. He hasn't caught a break for the past month or so. Anywho...this is a really long blog and I apologize but it was a busy weekend. Okay. So, before we left to bloomington for the weekend, we bought a couple things that we had wanted for sometime now. I spotted them from our neighbors driveway and they were calling my name "Jennifer, Jennifer you want to buy us...you really do". I told Chris, "look over their at the garage sale. There are a couple of bikes". He told me we didn't really have the money so I just brushed it off and forgot about them. I go upstairs to take a nap and Chris comes up to tell me that we got the bikes. I was so shocked. I asked him how much he paid for them and he said $4.00. I didn't think I heard him right, but he repeated himself and said $4.00 again. $2.00 a piece. I was in heaven. You can't beat that! So we tested them out today and they work great. They are about twenty years old and they are broken in and very loved by the Mobley family now. It seems to be Landon's night cap. Real quick now. It rained today and we went out onto the porch with Landon and he wanted down on the ground. I wasn't too sure, but decided "what could it hurt?" He walked out into the driveway and looked back at Chris and I almost asking if it was alright. We gave him the go-ahead and he had the best time. He was splishing and splashin and we had a hard time getting him back inside and decided that a nice warm bath would do the trick. I had to literally pull him inside. I will post some pictures and I will also post some more pictures from this past weekend when my dad loads them. Hope all is well. Sorry this is so long. Love you all.



Isabelle at Iron Skillet















Eating ice cream with Uncle Jason



















Graduation...can you find Janelle?














Back from our Bike Ride

















Splish Splash in the Rain



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!