Today I had another doctor's appointment and the whole family went. I wasn't too sure that Landon would even go into the small room with Chris and I because he thought he was there for something "scary". I had to convince him that it was for mommy, but in a way, that didn't help because he thought something bad was going to happen to me. I think from this point on I might either get someone to watch him or schedule my appointments when I know Chris will be home from work. As soon as I got on the table for her to check the heartbeat, he said, "no. mommy. no. mommy" I had to tell him that it wasn't going to hurt me. Before we went I told him that we were going to the doctor to hear the baby in my tummy and I tried to make the sound of what the heartbeat would sound like. When we got to the doctor and we calmed him down, he sat next to Chris and I layed down on the table and he said, "doing?" Asking, what the nurse was doing? And I told him that we were going to hear the baby. He sat back and listened very quietly for her to find it. Lots of static...you could've heard a pin drop in the room he was so quiet. Finally..."boom-boom, boom-boom,boom-boom". I asked him if he could hear it and he looked at Chris and he looked at me and smiled. When I got up off the table he wanted me to hold him while the nurse asked a few more questions. We finally stood up to leave and he said, "baby?". I asked him, "yes, did you hear the babies heartbeat? 'boom-boom, boom-boom'?". He smiled and we went home. The nurse said the babies heartbeat sounded really loud and strong for how young it is which was nice to hear that everything sounded good. My next appointment is August 25th. I will post again before then, hopefully with some more pictures of Landon. He is getting so big. He is such a sweetie. On the way home from the doctor's office, he was in the back seat and he said, "mommy? I love you". I just need to take all these moments in before there are two around here! We can't wait!

Comments

The Gonsers said…
I would of loved to have been a fly on the way during your ultrasound. I can only imagine Landon taking everything in. What a wonderful memory for your family!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!