"special, special cookies"

Landon is a kid that just can't handle that much sugar. Not that we have experimented or anything to find out. When we travel to Indy, he knows that he gets fruit snacks at Mamaw and Papa's house, and that's the only time he gets them. He gets a sucker when he gets his hair cut and that's the only time he eats a sucker. He gets a snakwell's cookie everynow and then and when he has pudding...it's sugar free. Anything more than that, he just has a really hard time calming down and it's no fun for any of us...besides, I'm not complaining because he doesn't need a bunch of sugar anyways. (look who's talking...I love sweets). Every year, outside of the grocery stores here in Fort Wayne, you often find Girl Scouts selling their yummy cookies. I looked at Chris as we were leaving the store with "the look" and he asked how much they were and I told him. We got a box of Samoa's, which I was corrected in that they are now called "carmel delights". Anyways, we get in the car and Landon says "special, special cookies". I repeated and asked him if that's what he said, "special, special cookies?" and he said, "yes, excited. Speical, special cookies." I told him when we got home, we could have some. This is what I captured on video. Oh and before we eat a cookie, we "cheers" our cookies together and then take our yummy first bite and enjoy!


Here is a funny picture of Landon laying on the kitchen floor. A while back, Landon would like to have his "ki-ki" or blankie put in the dryer to get it warm. We would tell him that his blankie was nice and warm now. When we would pull it out of the dryer, two big eyes and a huge smile come charging and he would burry his face in it. That kind of faded and he didn't ask for it anymore. Lately, he has figured out that the registers on the floor put heat out. He calls it the fan and says that the fan's on. He also has figured out that if he puts his blankie over the vent, that it gets hot from the air. This morning, I walk downstairs as Landon and Chris are having breakfast together and Landon gets off his chair and grabs his blankie. "Mommy, yook. Ki-ki nice and warm now". He lays on the kitchen rug, tells me to "wrap up" and he enjoys the warm air coming out of the vent. I had to take a picture.














As for me, I am 36 weeks this week and had my appointment yesterday. Everything looks great, but it looks like it will take all of these last four weeks for this baby to be ready. I have been having alot of contractions lately, but from my appointment, know they really aren't doing a whole lot to move things along. I guess I have four weeks for a reason. I would put up a picture, but am not feeling all that confident this late in the pregnancy...we'll see if that changes later.

Our house is officially on the market and we had a showing last weekend, but have yet to hear anything about it. Our plan, as of now, is to move back to Indy by the first of March. It's really a pain to keep the house clean with a toddler running around and to have two kids and a dog to get out of the house and keep the house clean, doesn't sound too appealing at all. We'll keep all of you posted when the big move happens. Until then, I am focusing on spending what time I have left with my dear, sweet, Landon and my wonderful husband. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!