Big Weekend...

...and I wish I could say that the baby was here, but she's not. My dad came into town to stay with me while Chris had a meeting for work down in French Lick. Landon was and is still trying to get over this nasty cold he has, so he has been a bit challenging and I am exhausted. The breathing treatments turned into a battle and really just made it hard for Landon to listen and not get into trouble. I backed off the treatments a bit and he seemed to do alright with that. I have just been doing them as needed. Friday was an especially hard day for Landon. He just couldn't quite settle down and focus on following rules. We were just non-stop on Friday and by the evening I was really feeling it. We were to have two showings on the house Saturday and I needed to get things done around the house. After Landon went to bed, I decided to relax on the couch for a bit. Landon didn't exactly go right to sleep which made for many trips up and down the stairs to get him back into bed. After about a half hour or so, I finally sat on the couch and realized that I was having alot of contractions back to back. I decided that Dad and I should probably start keeping count and time of them. To make a long story short, I had them every three minutes for an hour and a half. We made a plan, I jumped in the shower to go to the hospital, called Chris and he headed back home (10:00 p.m. and a four hour drive). After I got most everything together and showered, I decided I would sit on the couch for a bit and just see what happened before I called the doctor. Wouldn't you know that when we started keeping track of the contractions, they slowed to every six minutes and then every ten mintues...etc. We decided to just get some sleep as it was almost midnight at this point. Needless to say, nothing else really happened and there is no baby yet. I have been having LOTS of contractions, but nothing like Friday. I have my appointment tomorrow and will be surprised if I'm not admitted to the hospital. Don't want to get my hopes up, but am getting pretty restless and miserable. Other than things with the baby...Landon and Grandpa Bill had a great time. I took a few pictures, but not as many as I had hoped. Thank you so much Dad for coming and staying with us...sorry she just wasn't ready to make her grand appearance. There are a few pictures and a video of Landon having an interesting time with some paint. I will update again tomorrow:)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!