9 months




So, Alexa isn't officially nine months until next week, but her well check was today. She is doing very well. She was 29 inches long putting her in the 95% percentile...catching up with her brother. She weighed 18 lbs putting her average with other kids her age. She isn't too crazy about baby food, she prefers what we are eating and I was given permission on lots of things I could give her and feel safe about it. I was feeling limited on what I could give her since she isn't a year old yet. She whines the entire time I feed her baby food, but as soon as I put "real" peas or carrots or bananas on her tray, she is quiet and feeds herself. I'm just glad to know she can, for the most part, eat what we eat. She is pulling herself up on everything possible and we've lowered her mattress as low as it will go. She loves her brother, but has learned that he is not always the most gentle with her and has even started whining before he even gets to her. She's pretty dramatic, but loves to entertain. If you say "awwww" she will crawl to the nearest soft animal or blanket and lay her head on it and smile at you. So sweet. I think it's our favorite thing to do in this house right now. She has discovered her shadow and loves to entertain herself with that on our stark white walls...can you tell I really want to paint? She IS crawling everywhere, but thankfully she isn't very fast...yet. She is a healthy and VERy happy little girl and we are just so blessed to have her in our lives.

Comments

She's such a cutie ... but you need to tell her she needs to grow some hair! I love the bows though! Both your kids are absolutely precious!
molly said…
She could win the Nobel Peace Prize with her little smile and head tilt when you say "awwww!"

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!