Happy 3rd Birthday Landon!

Today we celebrate our Landon's third birthday. Is it possible that time has gone by this quickly. I know that sounds so cliche, but it's so true. His first year seemed to go on forever. His second year felt about right. But year three has just gone by so quickly. Perhaps it's due to his complete love for life and all that it has to offer him and in this, we get lost trying to keep up with him as his parents. Landon is full of one-liners, love for everyone, lots of energy, questions to be answered, and smarts that are too big for his pants. He is so curious and very hands-on, as I learned in his parent teacher conference this year (which has helped us understand him so much better). He likes things explained to him in every detail and if you leave anything out, he gets very frustrated. It is just so neat to be able to figure him out a little more everyday and understand his wants and needs not as a baby, but as a little person. He has a very strong personality, which can be challenging at times, but makes us so proud that he can convey what it is that he wants or needs. His favorite word right now to describe what he is talking about is "actually". He is very honest with his perception of people or his senses, we are learning when things are appropriate to express or just keep to ourselves. Landon is very caring and generous and says some of the sweetest things. One of our favorite things that Landon says is "i miss you mommy" or "i miss you daddy". Yet he says it in the context that you would say "i love you mommy" or "i love you daddy". He still tells us he loves us, but most often we get an "i miss you".
This morning my conversation with him went like this:
Me: "landon, do you know what happened three years ago today?"
Landon: "what mommy?"
Me: "you came out of my tummy!"
Landon: "why did I come out of your tummy?"
Me: "so you could become a part of our family"
Landon: "i miss you mommy". (followed with a kiss right on my lips)

We are so blessed and honored to have such a sweet, challenging little boy that teaches us something everyday.

His three year well check went alright. I talked to Landon and told him he was going to see Dr. Collings. He of course asked why, followed with the question..."am I going to get a shot". That was my mistake of taking him for Alexa's nine month chec-up where she indeed got a shot. I told him we would just have to ask Dr. Collings and that I wasn't sure (wink, wink). We talked all the way there about how we were going to have to take our shoes off (which you know is something he does NOT like) and we were going to stand on the scale and get our weight. We were going to see how tall he was..."am I going to get a shot mommy". "Well, we will just have to see Landon. And if you do, it's no big deal and you get a popsicle when you are done!". He did smile. We get to the office and he takes his shoes off, we get his weight. (landon has NEVER gotten on the scale with his shoes off and as a matter of fact there have been a couple times, I have had to sit him on the baby scale because he wouldn't stand on the big one). They checked his height. We even fit in the eye chart. Then we get back into the room with lots of praise because I am just so pleased at how he did everything like a big boy. I start to put his shoes back on..."Oh. No, it's not time to put his shoes back on" the nurse tells me, "we've got to strip down to just his underwear". Landon looked at me, clinched every muscle in his body and refused to take his clothes off. Because we didn't talk about taking our clothes off, because I forgot that this was going to happen, he wanted nothing to do with it. Needless to say, the rest of the visit went downhill from there. Probably the worst when he was in his underwear and the doctor asked him to jump up and down. Yeah, like that was going to happen. Landon looked at her like, "you mean to tell me, you wanted me to get down to my underwear just so you could see me jump? I don't think so lady. Not doin it. No way!!!". Anyhow, Landon checked out great. He was 41 inches tall putting him in the 97th percentile for height and he weighed in at 38 pounds putting him at the 95th percentile for weight. I am posting a book I had made for his third birthday of some of my favorite pictures from year two to three. Enjoy!

Click here to view this photo book larger

Comments

Acosta Family said…
Aww Jennifer your blogs always make me smile!! You and Chris are definitely blessed with beautiful smart kids. I love the book at the end, maybe a great idea for xmas presents. Have a wonderful day!

Dyan

Popular posts from this blog

update...

Happy Anniversary!

One more makes a family of four!