Merry Christmas!!

This Christmas was different from those in the past. We are having to create new memories and new meanings to Christmas in our family. We've had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year as it's our first Christmas without June. She brought so much to Christmas and I don't think any of us realized it until reality hit. Chris and I have had conversations in the past couple of weeks about how Christmas just won't be the same without June this year. Christmas Eve, Landon was really acting out and misbehaving. I asked him every question: did he have a headache, was something hurting him, was he hungry?
Then we had this conversation:
Me: "Are you sad about something?"
Landon: "yeah, I'm sad"
Me: "What are you sad about?"
Landon: "I miss Grandma June."
Me: "what do you miss about her?"
Landon: "I want her to come and play with me."
Me: "I miss Grandma June too. Everyday. Do you want to make a picture for her?"
Landon: "yeah. I'm gonna make a robot."
Me: "That sounds like a good idea"
Landon: "How is Grandma June gonna get the picture if she's in the sky?"
Me: "Well, we will just have to give it to the mail man and he will know what to do with it."
Landon: "But how is he gonna get it up into the sky?"
Me: "Well, we will figure it out."
(I called Chris and told him to bring home a balloon and when the weather warms up, we are going to attach it to a balloon and send it up into the sky.)

Here is the letter that Landon "wrote" that we will send with the picture. He said it all on his own...of course there are some tear drops stained on the paper from me.
"Dear Grandma June,
I love you so much in the whole world. I love you so much. I miss you so much in my whole world.
love,
Landon"

Merry Christmas June. We love you and miss you "in our whole world's".

To our family that we didn't see over Christmas and those who just want to enjoy, here is a video of most of our Christmas.

Comments

Kelly Kruse said…
You sure you won't have just one more??? You're such wonderful people and paretns. The story about sending a letter up to Grandma June with a balloon brought tears to my eyes. Your video from christmas was so precious!!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!