Update on Landon

So...the story goes, on.
Wednesday was determined that Landon has an allergy to Penicillin. He did alright Wednesday with benadryl and motrin.
Thursday he did pretty well, but as the day was winding down, so was Landon, which is not his usual routine. Evenings for Landon consist of extreme energy as he is ready to "show us" he's not tired and not ready for bed. However, lastnight he didn't want to do anything. The point that I knew something was really wrong was he was playing on the floor, quietly, and then requested for me to help him get off the ground because he couldn't get up by himself. He told me his hips were hurting and when I stood him up, he was very stiff and every movement took his breath away. So, he layed on the couch until dinner, he ate dinner, and we were asking all sorts of questions trying to figure out what we were going to do. We asked him one more time why he was hurting and where and he answered, "it's just cause I'm old. I'm just getting old". We both chuckled. We called 338-KIDS and they told us we needed to take him to the hospital in the next four hours. He was miserable. He wouldn't walk and he wanted to be left alone. I would sit next to him on the couch and he would say, "mommy. can I have some privacy please?" Well alright, apparently I was asking too many questions and being nothing but an annoyance when your three year old asks for privacy. Goodness. Anywho. We get to the hospital and the Doctor hasn't quite seen his particular case before and has to go ask a couple other doctors. He, at this point, has hives breaking out all over and it's getting worse as we are sitting there. His ankle is more swollen than the day before and now the top of his foot is swollen and red and his right arm was starting the same thing. At that point, I was glad we were at the hospital. We were only there for two hours, not bad I think and we left with scripts of Tylenol with codiene, Motrin, Benadryl, and a Steroid and intructions to see his pediatrician in the morning. Despite going to bed at 10:30 last night, my dear child still got up at 5:55 a.m. AHHH! I swear, nothing can make this kid sleep in, not even DRUGS!!!! Okay, so we go to the doctor and to make this a bit of a shorter story, she was not pleased with what the E.R. doctor prescribed him, she felt that it wasn't strong enough and that they didn't take it serious enough. She was pretty concerned and doubled the steroid script and the motrin dosage. She couldn't believe that after the trip to the hospital and all the meds they gave him, that even this morning he was still breaking out in hives and swelling in new places.(a side not about the swelling is there are hives on his actual bones and joints, YUCK! and that's what is causing all the aching and pain all over) So, hopefully tonight will go better, if not, we are to go back to the doctor tomorrow and go from there. Such a mess! For a while yesterday, I thought I was overreacting and now I am know I did the right thing. If his doctor was as concerned as she was, I feel better about my decision. I hate all the medicine he is on, but his doctor said it has to be done or it will only get worse and we don't want to go there. Alright, no pictures but Alexa's one year pictures will be posted soon.

Thanks for reading. Just wanted to catch up with some of my family.

Comments

molly said…
Oh my! Poor little guy -- and poor you! I'm so glad you took him to the hospital, and we're thinking of you guys. I hope it all clears up soon! Lots of love to all of you!!

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!