Wednesday's Words

Tonight, I tried to live in the moment as the day came to an end. It has been a stressful week with Chris gone to Denmark and an already energetic three year old on steroids. I have been more frustrated than I have pleased. I have said "stop that" more than I've said, "great job!". There are for sure clothes throwing up out of the laundry basket and the dishwasher could have been emptied three days ago. But today, I said, "i love you" with every "leave your sister alone". Tonight, I put bubbles in the bath and read a couple extra books. And with the nightly request that I try to avoid, "mommy. can you lay with me for two seconds", I layed with him for fifteen minutes. Why not? Sometimes, nothing makes being a mom feel more right than the soft, sweet skin from lotion on my baby girl after a nice warm bath. Or the smell of bubble gum toothpaste as I lay with Landon for "two seconds". Nothing compares to a gentle hand rubbing my arm as his eyes close as they become heavier as the seconds pass. I danced with Alexa as she layed her head on my shoulder. I prayed as I layed with Landon thanking God for my life and the people in it. Thanking him for the honor of raising these two precious kids that I have been so greatly blessed with. Thankful for my husband knowing that his being gone means that he is providing for our family and for me, in that I am able to stay home with my kids. Being a mom is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It's amazing how negative thoughts and feelings can consume one when stress seems to weigh so much. Thank you God for sweet smells and kind words and compassion from my husband and kids. I am truly blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!