you know your a mom when...

you go to the library while your child is at school just to get some books on construction machines so when you see them on the side of the road and your son asks, "what's that", you look like the smartest mom in the world! Landon has been big into construction machines/vehicles, baseball, basketball and cars. This can make for alot of "i don't know", "i'm now sure", and "maybe we should check into that". I am learning all this boy stuff and Landon and I are having a great time together because of it. We have also been watching "Little Rascals" and "The Sandlot". Both pretty good kid movies with a little language that I don't really care for since Landon has been repeating them to the "T". But, we will work our way around that because after all, I think most Disney movies are comparable with the violence and aggression most of them exhibit (especially the older movies). But, you'll have that. As I've said before, we have been working on things in our house along the lines of things that are alright to say and things that aren't. Bathroom talk and words that we are just not going to say in our family. Since Landon likes words so much, you can imagine we have our fair share of conversations. So, with our mini-marathon yesterday of both "The Little Rascals" and "The Sandlot", he has been talking about the characters and what they do and what they say and who is who...etc. This morning, he got up and went to the bathroom and as he was walking out, he asked me something. I asked him to repeat what he said because I couldn't hear him. He asks, "can I watch...well, I can't say what I want to watch." I told him to go ahead and say it, he wouldn't get in trouble. So he asks, "can I watch buttweed?" I couldn't stop from laughing, as quietly as I could so that I wouldn't embarrass him. I told him it was "buckwheat" and did he want to watch "Little Rascals". He smiled and said yeah and then I told him again what the right name was. Too funny this guy. My point is, it's nice to see that he's working on what is alright to say and what isn't and is trying to be very concious of that. My mom tells him, because he makes her laugh and most people at that, "Landon, you kill me". Just a figure of speech you know. Yesterday, he was telling me a joke and then told me, after he laughed at his own joke, "I just kill myself". Maybe something we shouldn't say either, but too funny I too laughed. Love him:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!