Bittersweet


Today, Chris met my Dad in Kansas which is the halfway point to Colorado which is where Lily will be staying. Soon after we thought we made arrangements to have Lily stay with another family, my Dad called and offered for Lily to stay with them so that she could stay in the family. My sisters of course are pretty happy about that since they've been begging my Dad for a dog since...well, forever. Although this is bittersweet, we know it's the right thing to do...for now. I took Lily to get groomed yesterday which just so happens to take place at her veterinarian's office. I told them what was going on and asked if there was anything I could give her for the almost 20 hours she would be in the car. They prescribed her one whole pill that she was to be given in two halves for a whopping $15.00. I was shocked, but knew that even though expensive, it would be worth if for her to be comfortable. 20 hours in a car is HELL for Lily. I talked to Chris on the phone about half way through his trip and he told me she was sleeping on her bed in the back of the car, but her eyes were so droopy from the medicine that he eyes couldn't close. Too funny! With lastnight being really, really hard for both Chris and I, we have some ideas as to maybe this could only be temporary. Enough time for Alexa to be a little older and for us to find a house where Lily can really have her own space and spend most of the time outside during the warmer months, which is her FAVORITE thing to do. So, we shall see. I did take a few pics of Chris, Landon and I with Lily from the last night Lily will be with us. We love Lily and the house already seems lonely. And yes, I know she doesn't look too thrilled in the pictures and that's because she is scared of the camera that is pointing at her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!