Chatty Kathy(s)

There is no question that my Landon is a chatty kathy. The kid can talk 'til the sun comes up....and then goes down again....and then rises. But there is also no question that often within those moments of endless conversation, the kid makes me laugh. The other day, we went on a walk and he found a very nice walking stick. When we reached our driveway, he was trying to reach the tallest branch on our tree in the front yard. When he did what it was that he was trying to do, I hear him say, "huh. pretty impressive". Last night after I put Landon in bed, I ate my dinner which happened to be a baked potato. Landon began calling for me and so I went into his room to see what it was he needed. I squat down next to him on his bed and he plugs his nose. I asked what he was doing and he informed me that, "your breath stinks real bad!" I couldn't do anything but laugh. Needless to say, we both were laughing so much that bedtime was delayed because it then took him a while to calm down. Tonight, we went to On The Border for dinner. After eating, I took the kids into the restroom to wash up and my mom walks out of the bathroom stall. We didn't even know she was there eating at the same place at the same time! Kind of funny. On the way home, Chris happened to call and Landon really wanted to tell Chris we saw Mamaw at On The Border. He began his story with, "Suddenly, we saw mamaw walk out of the bathroom!". He has been big into telling stories lately, true stories that is. One of my favorites lately is the story of when Landon and Alexa went to my mom's house while Chris and I looked at houses in Bloomington. When we got back to pick them up, this is what we heard....several times....for several days.
"Mom. Dad. Guess what?! Well, I was riding my bike. And, well, there was this little, tiny dog and he started chasing me! I thought he was gonna eat my pants so I started Freaking out! I was screaming and I thought he was gonna eat me!"
This is word for word the story. I tell no lie because I have heard this story everyday since the day it happened a week and a half ago. I kid you not! He is such a funny guy and he doesn't try to be which I have found that I need to be careful when repeating stories told by him. He gets very embarrassed, very easily. Love him:)
Here is a sweet video of Landon and Chris talking over Skype on the computer. Chris is reading him a bedtime story and we thought we would try and do it over the computer tonight. I have to say, it was pretty cool.


ALexa is such a funny girl. She loves to make other people laugh, which is quite the opposite of Landon. He has his moments when he thinks he is doing something funny and would like to know if you too think it's funny. But not in the same way as Alexa. She truly wants to entertain and make you smile. She is such a sweetheart. She also has been extending her vocabulary and understanding of things we tell or ask her to do. She now can say pretty much whatever we ask her to, or at least with effort.
But on her own she can say:
~ball
~out
~walk
~landon
~mommy
~daddy
~cheese
~please
~thank you
~bath
~trash
~baby
~yeah
~stop
~jacket
~apple
Today, we talked to Chris on the phone, just her and I and after I hung up she said, "daddy go?" and placed her hands out like she was looking for something in question. But....she hasn't said it anymore, even when prompted. Don't you wish you had the camera for moments like that, but never do?

I caught myself the other day, realizing that Alexa was eating her first hamburger. I then realized that I had a video of Landon enjoying the same thing. Here are the two videos.
LANDON:

ALEXA:


Hope this finds you having a great start to your week.

Some pics of two people who couldn't love each other more. So much that I can't even steal a kiss from Alexa...they ALL go to her daddy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!