A bit behind

It's been a while, but things are still not settled with the house and not to mention we still haven't gotten everything unpacked from our vacation to Arizona. Which was amazing and I have lots of pictures to share. Until I really have the time and all the pictures to post (ehhh hemm...Mark) I will share these pictures with you. Things are going really well for the most part. We are on day number two with no pacifier for Alexa and she has only cried once at bedtime last night. She has quite the attitude and one that I am not used to. Yikes. I think perhaps it might have something to do with defending herself with Landon 90% of the time that the other 10% of her energy is spent defending herself from everyone else when she doesn't need to, she just thinks she does. She is a sweet and funny girl, but I do fear the next couple years. I am really just ready for her to understand rules and how things "go" in our family as far as expectations. It's much different this time around with a child learning rules that are already established in comparison to rules that were set as we went along when bringing up Landon at 17 months. Things will get easier, and I tell myself that All. Day. Long! She seems to really benefit from one on one time with either Chris or I and I think I need to keep that in mind most days.
Landon is doing pretty well. We had a bit of adjusting back to rules and routine when we got back from Arizona, but he is doing great. He is in the process of earning a baseball bat for T-Ball. He started T-Ball a couple weeks ago and he is having a great time. I will post pictures when I can actually take some instead of keeping Alexa out of the way of swinging bats! Landon does a great job as far as keeping quiet while the coach is talking, but retaining the information instead of pulling grass we are still working on. Everytime he even sees a ball moving on the ground, he slides in the grass like he is an actor from "Sandlot" (great movie by the way). He came home Monday after practice with grass stain up and down his legs. He is loving it though!
Chris has been traveling a bit lately which leaves me a little crazy. When he is home, after work he is still making trips to the laundry mat to wash clothes because we still don't have our appliances. The house is coming along still and we still can't get the cars in the garage, but there are only three or four boxes in the house that need to be emptied. We still have to replace the counter tops and get our dishwasher, oven and microwave and washer and dryer and the house will be done! We are looking very forward to that.
As for me, I am just keep'n on. I've had my days lately where I am pretty burnt out and I am just trying to find balance for myself and the family. I am finding that I really need time to myself because that in turn makes my relationship with Chris and the kids that much better. Now, truly making myself a priority is the challenge. Thank goodness for MOPS, the mom's group I am involved in up in Indianapolis. It reminds of all the things that make a mom, a mom and the balance in that. We went on a retreat last weekend to plan out this next MOPS year and it was nice to get away. I haven't laughed as hard as I did on the retreat in a very long time. So nice to be part of such a great group of women going through the same things I do on a daily basis.
On that note, I hope this finds everyone doing well and I will post Arizona pictures very soon along with probably a very lengthy blog. Lots to talk about just about our trip. Have a good one. Here are a couple pictures of the kids to hold you over:)







Okay, so I should probably explain this picture. Whenever we go to my mom's house, the kids at some point get fruit snacks. This particular time, Alexa got her first pack of fruit snacks. They were organic and very sticky! I just let her at them in the backseat of the car. When we got to the store after leaving my moms, I noticed that she was a MESS! I got the diaper wipes out and cleaned her up. Her mouth was so sticky that when I wiped her mouth, her bottom lip was stuck to her chin. I had to take a picture! Too funny:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!