First things first...
(sorry the pics are horrible quality because they were taken with our phones...my camera is on the outs :( )
We celebrated Alexa's second birthday and it went really well:)

She is living up to her age and makes us laugh every single day. She is so funny! She also is very interested in potty training herself. I on the other hand was not ready for the transition, but who am I to keep her from that milestone. I know that if I prolong it, I will regret this moment of her willingness. HOWEVER....she is quite the diva about this potty training stuff. One day, I can have her in underwear with no accidents all day long with her telling me when she has to go to the bathroom and with a dry pull up from nap time. The next day, she will decide she's not that into the whole going on the potty thing and will have five accidents. So, even though it's been an energy zapper for me, I have had to really push her on her "diva" days and be consistent. She has had some help from someone very close to her. Alexa is also preparing us for her teenage years. She has become very verbal lately and for the most part, we can understand each other without frustration. It has been very nice to have that transition in our family. However, when she really gets to talking, she switches to a different language. We aren't really sure what language it is, but she sure knows what she is saying! Tonight at dinner, I think she talked for a good 15 minutes with hand gestures and everything. Ms. Alexa is also preparing to try out for American Idol. She is quite the entertainer and sings EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! She gets so passionate that she will even close her eyes. The other night at dinner, she earned herself a bruise on her forehead from singing with her eyes closed as she met the wall mid song.

Landon is doing really well! I mean, look at this kid...and those muscles! He has learned to write his name and is starting to recognize letters and numbers when he sees them. He was "Star Student of The Week" last week at school which always makes a kid feel good about themselves. He had a great time with the extra attention at school, I think. He just had his last basketball session this weekend and he got a trophy at the end, which is always a nice treat for a little guy! He even had his buddy Rocco on his team with him and they had a blast!
Landon, a while back, earned a shaving kit and I just found the from his first shave and it is pretty cute!
The age gap between Alexa and Landon seems to be closing which is a good thing seeing that they are going to have to be sharing a room sooner than later. We just bought Alexa a new mattress that is on Landon's bedroom floor waiting on me to make the move and transition her into the room with him. Not quite there yet though. Landon and Alexa have really been playing really well together and I think it helps that Alexa can communicate and they can converse and understand each other when they play. They have snack together, watch T.V. together, jump on the bed together, watch deer in the backyard together, and today, I actually caught them having what I thought was a "potty party" when I left the bathroom and returned to check on them, it was clear that it was a "poo poo party" (sorry if that's TMI but it was cute and I can think that because I'm their MOM). I asked Landon why I wasn't invited to the party and he told me there weren't anymore toilets to use in the bathroom. I am hopeful that they will become buddies even more the closer time creeps for their baby brother to arrive!
There is one thing that I love about our house and that's the backyard. In the summer, it's so green and lush and private from the other houses around ours. We are on the main drag of the neighborhood, but with all the mature trees and plants, you kind of forget about it. In the winter though, you can see every house around because everything is dead and bare. But the plus of the winter, we have seen our fair share of deer and we love to watch them. We have a creek that runs along our backyard and it's very private for the deer to munch and roam. Especially because they are hard for us to spot sometimes because they blend in with all the brush. They are very hard to see sometimes, but the other day, I couldn't help but notice there were NINE, yes 9 deer in our backyard. I tried to capture them, but they were SO hard to see because they were so camouflaged with everything else. I will be 28 weeks along in the pregnancy this week and it seems to be slowing down, but we are slowly preparing for this little guy. Lots to do still!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!