Spring!

Well, Spring has arrived and just as quickly as it came, the weather turned COLD! What a tease! We played outside for days and now it's driving the kids (and me) crazy!
We did get to play outside alot and even made a quick visit to my mom's to break in her swingset.





A while back, my mom got the grandkids a stick horse. My kids have been really big into cowboys/cowgirls lately and this completed their attire. Landon has taken very good care of his horse. In fact, he feeds it breakfast in the morning. His favorite is donut holes! Almost everynight, Landon requests a stick horse race with Chris. After little begging and pleading, the race is on. I have myself have been begging Chris to have permission to get the race on video. FINALLY, he agreed. Thank you Chris for letting me humiliate you in the source of video...large moths in the garage, stick horse races....and I'm sure there will be more in the future. I love you!
Here is THE video of a horse race!
I apologize that you are going to have to watch it sideways. My stupid computer won't let me change the rotation and I didn't take the video sideways...grrr. You'll get the point of the video anyway...





Last but not least our poor Landon, as most of you know, has had quite the issue with medications and illness. He is allergic now to two families of medicine and after yet another scary reaction and another run of strep throat and ear infection, it was time to visit the ENT. He recommended his tonsil, adnoids taken out and ear tubes put in. Since Landon can't really be treated with antibiotics easily, it was best to do this and hope this helps with his reoccuring strep throat and ear infection episodes. The ENT also said that Landon has very large tonsils, so we are looking forward to the long term outcome of this procedure. I however, am not looking forward to the recovery. I did tell Landon what was going to happen with as little detail as possible and he seems to be doing alright so far. Mostly because he doesn't know what to expect. His surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30 and I am a nervous wreck! I have been having contractions pretty regularly and the stress of this is not helping. At 30 weeks, I am really trying to take it easy when I need to, but I know the lack of sleep this week is going to wear on me.
To make this event somewhat exciting, we made homemade popsicles this morning. Hope they turn out good. Landon is looking forward to the rootbeer float popsicles!

This is just a funny picture of Landon when we went to pizza with some friends and the ENORMOUS cup they gave him. It made us laugh.


As for Alexa, she has been in underwear all this last week with NO accidents at all! Such a blessing because I was not looking forward to this milestone as most would be so glad to reach it. I did not have the energy but Alexa being the independent DIVA she is, took care of that and handled it like a champ! So proud of you Alexa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!