Updates...

First off...
Friday, I took the kids to the mall just to walk around and MAYBE look at getting the kids some new tennis shoes for summer. Well, you'd think I would have put a little more thought into this knowing I wasn't going to leave a shoe store without my children wanting a pair of shoes. So, I gave in and bought them each a pair of new tennis shoes.
Alexa is now in a size 8 and these are the shoes she chose:


Landon is now in a size 13!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!? I think I wore a size 13 in the third grade. Here are the shoes he chose:


One of my favorite things is the one on one time that I get the chance to have with Alexa while Landon is at preschool. This was something that I really wanted the chance to have since I had that with Landon before Alexa was born. Here are some pictures of Alexa and I enjoying our time together:







Finally...
Landon had his tonsils, adenoids taken out and tubes put in his ears on Monday morning. I was an absolute nervouse wreck but did better than I thought I would. The worst part for Landon was having to put the scrubs on that they require all patients to put on. I knew this was going to be a problem the day I scheduled his surgery. The nurse could tell we were having a bit of a hard time getting them on Landon and she peeked around the corner and asked if we needed a "cocktail" and I said "YES! it's not gonna get any better if we don't". Cocktail of course meant a medication to help with Landon's anxiety. I have to say, it was pretty funny to see him a little loopy. He couldn't even sit up straight. Poor guy. I have to say though, it made me feel better seeing that he was comfortable when they wheeled him back to surgery. That is when I couldn't handle the stress anymore and let my tears flow once Chris and I made our way to the waiting room. The time passed rather quickly and next thing we knew, we were being called back to speak with the doctor about how things went. Landon did very well during the surgery and we had some relief in confirming that the procedure was a good idea and that we didn't make a mistake in doing it. On top of having the procedure done due to Landon's medication allergies, each tonsil was about the size of a buckeye and each adenoid was equal in size. He said Landon had ALOT of tissue that needed to be removed. We are looking forward to the long term outlook of having this done. The worst part after the surgery was watching Landon come out of the anestesia. It was horrible and he was VERY upset and confused. He eventually calmed down and slept on Chris for a good hour and a half. Oh, it was horrible and not something I want to have to see him go through again. However, the recovery, like we were told, has been a bit rough. The first and second day were not too bad, but he spiked a fever very early this morning and has been in alot of pain all day not wanting to do much at all. He isn't eating and gets queasy very easily. It makes me feel helpless and I keep telling him it will get better not knowing it would get worse before it got better. He woke up from his nap today crying telling me he wish he didn't feel so sick. Broke my heart :( It will get better. Here are some sweet pictures of the little guy.

After the "cocktail" kicked in

After surgery, only wanted his daddy



All doped up

Miserable


We've attempted some crafts and playtime but not a whole lot of interest on Landon's part.


Even though he's been so sad and not feeling well, we are looking forward to the long term outcome. Not to mention, Ms. Alexa is about over all the attention that Landon has been getting. She is NOT doing well at all and all I can think about is "Girl, you don't even know what's coming when there's a new little baby in the family!" I am just taking it each day at a time and learning that Alexa is going to need some extra special attention when the baby comes if she can't handle Landon being down for a few days. YOWZA! I am in for a real treat!

I have my 30 week check up friday so I am hoping all is well and baby boy is healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!