Kindergarten

Today marks a first for our family. With three children, fourteen years together and married 8, there have been MANY firsts. Sometimes they can be emotional,heartbreaking, thrilling, life changing, and sometimes they can be very exciting! This morning was a very exciting first as Landon went off for his first day of Kindergarten marking the entrance into many fun filled years of learning, (at least I pray it's that smooth). I have prayed and feared for this day as Landon struggles with anxiety and has for a long time. But, there is something that I have learned for the past few months and that is the very fact that he is growing and changing and maturing before my eyes. I have caught myself in moments lately where I see a little man. He's not interested in the things he was before but is excited for new more "grown up" things. Those are the moments that I truly embrace and cherish. Those moments when time almost stops. In this crazy and busy life, I think sometimes maybe those moments are a gift. A gift for me to breath in and file into my memories to look back on. To make my heart melt whenever that very thought resurfaces in my mind. To celebrate this very special day, we had ice cream for dinner last night and popcorn before bed. Something else I wanted to start was reading the very same book, every year, the night before school starts. I choose a book that made me tear up right in the middle of Barnes and Noble.

So,here is the book we read last night before bed:
Here is how it reads...

"Wherever You Are my love will find you" by:Nancy Tillman

"I wanted you more than you ever will know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go.

It's high as you wish it. It's quick as an elf. You'll never out grow it...it stretches itself!

So climb any mountain...climb up to the sky! My love will find you. My love can fly!

Make a big splash! Go out on a limb! My love will find you. My love can swim!

It never gets lost, never fades, never ends...

if you're working...

or playing...

or sitting with friends.

You can dance 'til you're dizzy...

paint 'til you're blue...

There's no place, not one, that my love can't find you.

And if someday you're lonely, or someday you're sad, or you strike out at baseball, or think you've been bad... just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair. That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.

In the green of the grass...in the smell of the sea...in the clouds floating by...at the top of a tree...in the sound crickets make at the end of the day... "You are loved. You are loved. You are loved," they all say.

My love is so high, and so wide and so deep, it's always right there, even when you're asleep.

So hold your head high and don't be afraid to march to the front of your own parade. If you're still my small babe or all the way grown, my promise to you is you're never alone.

You are my angel, my darling, my star...and my love with find you, wherever you are."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!