Hurry Up Spring!

The life of the Mobley's has yet to slow down. We are really itching for Spring, as I am sure the rest of the country is as well. We need a fresh start to our landscaping, our health, and our lives in general! Please, oh please hurry up spring!!! A couple weeks ago, Quin fell and hit his mouth, and I did blog a bit about that. This happened on a Thursday and I decided by Monday that I would like the dentist to see his mouth to make sure it was healing alright. The dentist took a look at his teeth and wanted to do an x-ray of his teeth as well. She discovered that he had knocked his front four teeth loose and fracture another. Quin also has extra tissue called maxillary frenum which is the tissue under the top lip that connects the lip to the top gum and sits above and between the top front teeth. A while back, the dentist had said, at a regular visit, that he had extra tissue there and to be careful because if and when he hits his mouth, it will bleed pretty badly. Well, I didn't think it would happen this quickly. I was thinking more along the lines of 6th grade football or something. The tissue actually healed really quickly and nicely and then...he fell again hitting his mouth in the exact same spot! Only a week apart from the first fall. So this happened on a Friday and by Monday morning he was saying, "mouth" "mouth". So, I took that to heart and called the dentist again to see if they wanted to check it out. To be honest, he tore the tissue again and it looked worse than it did the first fall. So, we went in and turns out the tissue was showing signs of an infection. So he was put on an antibiotic and was scheduled to see a Periodontist this morning (Wednesday) and it was decided that he will have that tissue removed next month. It seems as though, every time Quin falls and hits his mouth, it will happen that he will tear that tissue and we will deal with this every time and chancing an infection. And rather than just take the advice of "try and keep him from falling" because I have a toddler in Quin that loves to climb and get into mischief as well as being a bit clumsy, we are going to go ahead and have the procedure done. Sounds pretty simple and they do it right there in the dentist office and the recovery, as I understand, won't be any more difficult than the two times he tore the tissue in the first place. Because he did so well at all 3 of his dental visits, he got to pick out a truck today and he was beyond excited. Just Quin and I in the toy section, no distractions and a very happy little guy. Made me tear up just seeing how much he (and I) enjoyed that moment. Something so simple. Isn't that what life is all about? Those moments in time that nothing and no one else exists but you and someone so special that your heart hurts you love them so much...
As I had mentioned before, I've been trying to live in the moments that I have been blessed with as a mom that gets to stay at home with my kids. Landon was on spring break last week and we didn't go anywhere but we did break some rules. And to Landon, you would have thought I filled his piggy bank with $100 bills. We bought cheetohs, had hot chocolate before bed and didn't brush their teeth. We made a tent out of sheets and kept it up all week, watched TONS of movies AND we ordered pizza and had it delivered to the house instead of picking it up! We live on the wild side, I know! But, the kids had a great time and that's what matters.
That's all I've got this time. If you know, then you know this: Chris is having a "procedure" tomorrow morning and prayers would be great. now....HURRY UP SPRING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!