words

There are so many quotes floating around our universe reminding us that words matter. Often times it's in reference to hurt and negative things that we say to each other.I know for myself, the topic of words is a constant conversation that comes with raising children and teaching them that words leave a mark...forever.
As I continue figuring out who I am, I've noticed that my own words can hurt even myself. I'm alone most of the time and that's been hard for me these days as I am searching for what it is I am supposed to do now that the definition of being a stay at home mom has changed for me.

It's just me and my thoughts...my words.

I'll spare you the conversations that I have with myself but will share that they are less than positive and encouraging or helpful.
I've had some significant ups and downs in my life recently and it's so interesting to me the things I hear when I need to that are simply life changing.

words

Our entire life is surrounded with words drowning our ears to the point that we learn to tune most things out and only hold on to the things that we chose to hear.

I was parting ways with someone the other day and as I was walking away he said to me "See ya Jen! Hope today is everything you need it to be".

"...hope today is everything you need it to be"

Those words changed something in me. I haven't stopped repeating them.

I've never had anyone say that to me before.
It wasn't the typical greeting that you get when you part ways with someone.
Normally, it's "have a good one" or "have a great day" or "great seeing you" or "see you later"...

..."hope today is everything you need it to be"

These words have become a mantra for me daily to sort of...check myself.
Because in reality, I can think of a million things I WANT my day to be.
But, what do I NEED my day to be?

There's a difference. I hear the difference. I acknowledge the difference. I appreciate the difference.

I feel those words

My mind has been in a fog for quite sometime and I am so grateful that these words were spoken to me in that very moment because it's exactly what I needed to hear. I find it no mistake that these words are a gift and I will let them soak into my soul and let those words do nothing else but heal and guide me.


What words will be spoken today that you hear differently or hear for the first time?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

update...

numbers: 34 and 2 going on 12

One more makes a family of four!